What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

It's not related to anything but I saw an ad for Sheridan Smith's new show and it made me think how much I really do dislike her. Her current attempt to become the darling of British TV drama is so obvious it's crass, when I saw she was shaving her head playing a cancer patient in some shit I'd never watch that's created to win rubbish TV awards and make middle aged women cry I just shook my head. The only thing I could ever bear watching her in was the Harry Hill film which is not a good film but she plays a cute sea creature covered in shells and she looks cool.

Has anyone been watching No Offence on Channel 4? It is essentially Shameless in police uniform but there is some cracking dialogue and one-liners in there. Joanna Scanlan is brilliant as the boss of the department. She pretty much steals every scene with her performance.

Yes, really enjoying it, like you say some great one-liners and comedy moments but also a good core storyline with the downs girls, will be interesting how it is rounded off this week what with the file being burnt by the chief copper.

I've definitely got a thing for Saira Choudhry since watching it too.

I'm all the way up to season three of Homeland and, Christ, Dana and Karie combined just about equal the annoyingness of Piper from OITNB.

I feel sorry for Brodies son, poor little shit gets forgotten about.

For what it's worth, thought series 2 was ludicrous, really enjoyed 3 and 4 and the final episode of series 1 is so intense, magical TV.

"Dammit Carrie!!!"

From BBC News

Channel 4 has commissioned a full new series of Chris Evans' anarchic chat show TFI Friday following its one-off revival earlier this month.

Eight episodes of the show have been ordered and will air later this year, the broadcaster has confirmed.

Evans, recently confirmed as the new host of the BBC's Top Gear will return to present the programme.

TFI Friday, which mixed music and chat with stunts and skits, originally ran from 1996 to 2000.

A one-off revival of TFI Friday was broadcast on 12 June and featured appearances by former Oasis singer Liam Gallagher, Roger Daltrey and F1 champion Lewis Hamilton.

The show drew a peak audience of 4.2m viewers.

A short filmed sketch showed former Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson instructing Evans in how to present the motoring show.

Evans was confirmed as the new lead presenter just four days after the programme was broadcast on Channel 4.

"Chris is the best of the best of live broadcasters and I never doubted for a moment that this TFI would live up to expectations," said Jay Hunt, Channel 4's creative officer.

"Confirming a series was a no-brainer."

"TFI Friday is indeed coming back for a short but perfectly formed run of eight shows pre Christmas," Evans tweeted on Tuesday.

Transmission dates and information about being part of its studio audience would follow soon, he promised.

"Oh my goodness, are we really going to get to do this again?" he added in a statement. "Looks like it - and leading into Christmas too.

"I might actually spontaneously explode on live television due to over excited-ness.‎ Does that still count as unpredictable cos [sic] I've said it now?"

Channel 4 said the show would feature "top celebrity guests, leading music acts and a variety of colourful segments" and would "once again be a key part of the Friday night schedule".

I know there were a few people who had mentioned the show before but it was announced yesterday that Hannibal has been cancelled by NBC. The ratings for the 3rd season have been pretty bad but they say they are going to try and get it picked up by another channel or service.

Fuck. The creator was on about taking it all the way to SotL and Hannibal as well. Hopefully Netflix jump on it. The new series has been delightfully mental and I can't wait to see where it's going, Mads Mikelson is one of the best actors on TV but Michael Pitt was great in the last series and I was looking forward to seeing him return at some point.