What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

I've started watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia recently and I quite like it, but I'm not sure I like it enough to devote my time to it rather than 1997 episodes of Raw.  Danny DeVito has just turned up, and I've heard it gets better from there onwards, is that true?

They've postulated that we'll still follow Holt and Gina (who went with him) in their new roles, as well as what's happening in the 99.

Oh yeah of course. I'm assuming it'll be like that arc in the office where 3 of them were in a 'seperate company' for like 2 episodes.  They'll tell a few stories with the dynamics in the main precinct being shaken up by the new captain along with Holt and Gina B plots and find some way to reintegrate withing the first 6 episodes if not by the end of the 2nd.e first 6 episodes if not by the end of the 2nd.

Edited by organizedkaos

I've started watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia recently and I quite like it, but I'm not sure I like it enough to devote my time to it rather than 1997 episodes of Raw.  Danny DeVito has just turned up, and I've heard it gets better from there onwards, is that true?

Watching the most recent series I think this show peaked at some point I could not point my finger on, it's still very good mind, but yeah you haven't hit that peak yet. Some seasons of solid gold

• Paid Members

Parks and Rec update — I fought my way through a mediocre season one, and into the far better season two, where the tone of the show changed noticeably. It went from quite snarky, "Leslie's a bit inept", to giving at least two "awwww" moments per episode, and the minor characters come into their own. Any moment where they make fun of Jerry is just gold, and Aubrey Plaza is both hilarious, and on my list of five women I'm allowed to have a go on without prejudice.

• Awards Moderator

What do people think of Suits? Season one was ropey but it's actually very watchable.

I liked the first two seasons, but it tortures Mike's 'secret' to the point where it had to get out and then dissolves into a featureless, bland soap opera.

When you think about it, it doesn't really have a gimmick. So it runs out of steam.

• Paid Members

Started this a few weeks ago. So far, so good and theres already been some fantastic moments. Its up there with Seinfeld for intentionally selfish and unlikeable characters. They are all proper scumbags (which is obviously a good thing)

What do people think of Suits? Season one was ropey but it's actually very watchable.

I liked the first two seasons, but it tortures Mike's 'secret' to the point where it had to get out and then dissolves into a featureless, bland soap opera.

When you think about it, it doesn't really have a gimmick. So it runs out of steam.

Isn't it essentially just a simplified version of Mad Men? In the same way that Big Bang Theory is Fraiser for stupid people

• Paid Members

I'm only just up to after the Hardman storyline. Actually I need to watch Mad Men.

Even if it turns to complete shit, I have to keep watching because I'm in love with Donna.

Edited by SpursRiot2012

• Awards Moderator

Isn't it essentially just a simplified version of Mad Men?

Fucking hell, I should kill you on the spot for such an accusation. Mad Men is the greatest piece of TV art in the last ten years. Suits is just cunts in suits.