What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

That show is murder to subtitle but it's hilarious to me because I actually know so many people who are actually like the characters in it.

When I wrote the OP I thought the only people on here who'd have likely seen it would be you & Chest.

I just hope they carry on giving Steves some more time on the show, he's great.

'A drug problem? No, I don't have problem with drugs. I'll take anything'

The Goldbergs- Its my new favourite family shitcom to watch, fuck it, it's not even a shitcom its just a really enjoyable hit of nostalgia that's clearly been created with more heart than these things usually are.

To be fair it's still pretty fresh to me and might turn to shit once the nostalgia wears off. It's certainly no Malcolm in the Middle (what is?) but it's a good step above The Middle and shite like Oliver Beene. I'd place it alongside Everybody Hates Chris.

• Paid Members

B9s14Fd.png

Just watching the latest ep and had to put the subs on... I listen to similar music and even i ain't got a clue at times.

Ha. Yes, this was me. I could have possibly spent the time to work out what he was saying but I just wanted to finish and doss for the last two hours of my shift. Figured the proofers would have tried to make sense of it, but obviously not.

• Paid Members

Bill Hader is the new Captain in Brooklyn nine-nine. As much as I love Holt, bill hader is great in everything I've seen him in and I'm looking forward to it. I won't change my avatar just yet though.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/05/brooklyn-nine-nine-bill-hader-new-captain?hootPostID=28b430e9a936884b77cecaf74f2e8daf&cmpid=social_publicity_B99_20150809_50548856&adbid=681260292004756&adbpl=fb&adbpr=310718132392309

Edited by Call me Bellend

Ah shit, I was hoping that Holt would be back. Bill Hader is very good though. It'll probably be one of those roles that gets freshened up every couple of seasons now. It'll be Will Ferrell by 2018.

A bit of fantasy booking but I'd absolutely love Danny McBride as a series regular on '99, preferably as a rogue cop who gets shit done but crime lord works just as well.