What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Cheers for that. Wasn't exactly what I was after, but interesting, and everything about Lindelof in that video makes me think that he probably hasn't done any interviews like the one I'm after. I liked hearing his perspective on the Jacob origins episode, which does explain why Lost's ending was so shit and why the whole thing was so unsatisfying really.

Edited by King Pitcos

• Awards Moderator

On the HBO ident, it's Curb for me.

BWWmmm-haaaaa.... BOM BOM BOM, diddle-dee di di dee, di di dee-dee...

Cheers for that. Wasn't exactly what I was after, but interesting, and everything about Lindelof in that video makes me think that he probably hasn't done any interviews like the one I'm after. I liked hearing his perspective on the Jacob origins episode, which does explain why Lost's ending was so shit and why the whole thing was so unsatisfying really.

Not completely kayfabe as we might say, but some glimpses here.

"ARGUABLY ONLY 15 TO 20 EPISODES WERE SUBPAR, BORDERING ON TURDS. IT WOULD BE GREAT TO PRETEND THOSE NEVER HAPPENED." —DAMON LINDELOF

Oh really? Well that's a really good ratio for a show you're responsible for, well done :rolleyes:

Edited by Onyx2

• Paid Members

I've never gone back and re-watched Lost. It's something I've considered doing, god knows I've re-watched The Sopranos, The Shield and The Wire two or three times over since they ended, but I just can't bring myself to do it. The first three episodes of season 3 alone are putting me off.

• Awards Moderator
I've never gone back and re-watched Lost. It's something I've considered doing, god knows I've re-watched The Sopranos, The Shield and The Wire two or three times over since they ended, but I just can't bring myself to do it. The first three episodes of season 3 alone are putting me off.

I rewatched it earlier this year, it's back in this thread somewhere. The first season in particular is excellent. Really, really good. Season 2 has further interesting developments and Henry Gale~! The wheels loosen during season 3.

So you could watch the first two enjoyably.

Anerican Horror Story:Asylum was a considerable upgrade on the first season. It should suffer from having so many different things going on but it juggles them all really well. Lovejoy was great and lended a bit of credibility to the show, as much as a psychotic Santa could at least. My only issue with the show is that if went on too long and the last couple felt like they were shoe horned in. I also have a disturbing granny crush on Jessica Lange.

• Paid Members
Anerican Horror Story:Asylum was a considerable upgrade on the first season. It should suffer from having so many different things going on but it juggles them all really well. Lovejoy was great and lended a bit of credibility to the show, as much as a psychotic Santa could at least. My only issue with the show is that if went on too long and the last couple felt like they were shoe horned in. I also have a disturbing granny crush on Jessica Lange.

I felt differently. Maybe binge watching them one after the other meant I was still invested in their season 1 characters but I found the first season pretty batshit crazy (in a good way) and the second borderline ridiculous by the end. Sarah Paulson's lispy voice annoy me no end as well. Agree on the Jessica Lange crush though, what a G-Milf.

• Awards Moderator
Mad Men season 7 mid-season finale. Not going to spoil it, but I thought it was fantastic... bravo! I can see people's problems with a huge gap till the second half of the final season, but on the other hand, fuck them. Learn to wait.

Yeah, that was the business. Poor, unnecessary Don.

They just about earned that final scene. Just.

Edited by Onyx2

I've been rewatching the shield lately and not sure whats been the best acting on it either anthony anderson as antwon mitchell or forest whitakers portrayal of jon kavanaughs descent from morally upstanding IAD officer into one so consumed by his hatred/obsession of vic mackey he turns into the very cop hes trying to destroy.

Some brilliant performances though.

• Paid Members

I was pleasantly surprised by The Shield but sadly had most of it spoiled by people on here, so some of the more shocking parts I knew happened. Still loved it though.