neil

UKFF Questions Thread V2

I ordered the Bruiser Brody documentary earlier today. I thought it was going to just be the documentary, maybe 90 minutes at most. However when looking through the contents listing, it is three discs, with a list full of matches on the second and third disc. Has anyone else bought and watched this yet? Are these matches themselves included, or are they famous matches/points in Brody's career that they cover in extra detail with talking heads? At first when I seen £19.99 it was more than I was expecting, but then I had no idea it was going to be a three disc set until today. 

They do have Wrestlemania rewind though. That's worth a watch. I believe each episode concentrates on one Wrestlemania.

16 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Not one Wrestlemania as a show, just a particular match. You get the back story of the match and the match itself at the end of the episode

Aye. It goes into the story of the event rather than the card. The WM1 show concentrates on the main event. Haven't watched the others yet.

The network will be premiering the following this week. Wrestlemania Theatre looks interesting.

https://www.wwe.com/amp/wwe-network-2018-collections?sf185906117=1&__twitter_impression=true

Edited by BigJag

11 hours ago, Kamaras-Tash said:

Which are the best Saturday Night Main Events?

The one from February 1988 is generally thought of as one of the best, with Hogan Vs Andre for the belt. 

34 minutes ago, BigJag said:

Aye. It goes into the story of the event rather than the card. The WM1 show concentrates on the main event. Haven't watched the others yet.

The network will be premiering the following this week. Wrestlemania Theatre looks interesting.

https://www.wwe.com/amp/wwe-network-2018-collections?sf185906117=1&__twitter_impression=true

They had something similar on their YouTube channel recently with a ‘Director’s Cut’ of Brock v Undertaker from 30.

Im going to check out that Andre collection for sure. For a man so revered in the industry, I’ve seen far too little of his work

Edited by WyattSheepMask

I’m going to sign up for the Network to watch Mania, but I haven’t watched any wrestling since the last Mania. Have there been any must see matches in the last year that I should catch up on? 

Depends what your looking for really. Pete Dunne v Tyler Bate from NXT Takeover:Chicago was voted match of the year, Drew McIntrye v Oney Lorcan from NXT #387 is one of the best 5 minute TV matches from last year, they knocked lumps out of each other and was Drew’s first match back with the company.  NXT War Games from November has a great match in Alister Black v Velveteen Dream. 

From the main roster, the four way match for the Universal Title at Summerslam is great fun. Pretty much anything involving AJ Styles is worth watching, and John Cena v Shinsuke Nakamura from Smackdown #937 was really good and didn’t burn away a potential PPV run between the pair if they want to do it. Reigns v Cena could have made them alot of money at Wrestlemania, but they did it at No Mercy instead in what was an enjoyable match.

The start of 2018 has been decent, Andrade Almas v Johnny Gargano is highly praised from Takeover:Philadelphia (the whole show is very good from top to bottom) and the men’s Royal Rumble is very good too. The epic Gauntlet match (goes around 1hr47minutes in total) building towards Elimination Chamber from RAW #1291 is loads of fun too.

Im sure there a tonne I’ve missed that others could recommend, but those are my picks from the top of my head

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Why did Steve Austin not only look, but also SOUND completely different (almost like another person) when he was in WCW in the early 90s compared to the WWF Attitude Era?

On 31/03/2018 at 11:10 PM, Kamaras-Tash said:

Which are the best Saturday Night Main Events?

Has to be the one Hogan loses the title. You have that music package (with Jake Roberts music) at the beginning for a start, then you have Savage vs Honky, then Hogan and Andre.

I've also got an affinity for the episode where Slaughter is facing Warrior in a rematch and the Undertaker comes out of a coffin, Taker stares at the Warrior and Warrior looks like he's just shat himself. Must have happened between Jan 91 and Mar 91.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

11 hours ago, Maikeru said:

Why did Steve Austin not only look, but also SOUND completely different (almost like another person) when he was in WCW in the early 90s compared to the WWF Attitude Era?

In the WWF he wasn't trying to hide his Texan drawl whereas in WCW he was billed as being from Cali.

12 hours ago, air_raid said:

In the WWF he wasn't trying to hide his Texan drawl whereas in WCW he was billed as being from Cali.

Oh right thanks!