UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

4 minutes ago, Grecian said:

For anyone with any wrestling training:

How does Finn Balor do the coup de grace without killing his opponent? I mean, all his weight lands on them, how does he do it without causing actual damage? 

If you watch closely they rotate their weight backwards so they’re basically taking a seated bump.

Still probably hurts mind.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

So I'm travelling around Japan for a few weeks in July for a mostly non-wrestling trip.

However I'd like to see a show or two, particularly NJPW in Korakuen Hall on 20th or 21st July. They are G1 climax shows.

Anyone have a link to an official ticket seller who's website is in English? Or what are the chances of getting at ticket at the door for a Korakuen NJPW house show?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Road Warrior said:

So I'm travelling around Japan for a few weeks in July for a mostly non-wrestling trip.

However I'd like to see a show or two, particularly NJPW in Korakuen Hall on 20th or 21st July. They are G1 climax shows.

Anyone have a link to an official ticket seller who's website is in English? Or what are the chances of getting at ticket at the door for a Korakuen NJPW house show?

Quick/cheeky answer: check out my book Purodyssey which has a guide to watching wrestling in Tokyo: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07C8L3DFG

Longer answer: It's going to be very difficult as you can almost guarantee those will be sellouts. Ordering from overseas through ticket agencies is difficult as sites don't usually take Western cards and delivery is an issue. Your best bets are:

* Go to the PIA ticket agency desk at the arrivals when you get to Narita Airport (assuming its Narita -- I don't think Haneda has one.) They usually sell them up to a couple of days before the show, as long as it isn't sold out yet.

* Go to Korakuen Hall as soon as you get to Tokyo and go up to the fifth floor during office  hours, turn right out of the lift and go to the box office.

* Try the New Japan store in person, which is a few minutes walk from Korakuen (https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@35.7013053,139.7536841,3a,60y,53.1h,90.43t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s5cn1jUBF1OkZnTMLoGWxmQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656)

If you can't do either of those, or they are sold out already, you can try your luck with standing tickets. These are only available on the day (from a ticket window on the ground floor outside the building, along with any unsold seats) but you may be looking at a long queue for G1 tickets.

Edited by JNLister

• Paid Members

Yep, look for the channels Wrestling Reality, Wrestling Reality II and Wrestling Reality III. They post a condensed version that's about 20-30 minutes. Rather than pick out highlights, it literally edits the whole show down to the key spots in every match and the key lines in every promo. Try to watch the day after the original show if you can as they often get taken down quickly (hence the multiple channels.)

(And always worth noting this would be redundant if the WWE channel had Raw playlists that played in the correct order rather than you having to watch clips of the main event before clips of the angle that sets it up.)

Edited by JNLister

• Awards Moderator

Sorry if this has been covered before (probably has but the keywords are giving me nothing); did WWE know about AJ Lee's Bipolar Disorder when they ran the storyline about her being mentally unstable? I only recently read she'd been diagnosed as such.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
10 hours ago, Maikeru said:

/How come nobody seemed to notice Kenny Omega was such a good wrestler until just a couple of years ago? His 6 star match ratings seemed to come out of nowhere and he'd been around for over a decade. 

I don't think it's that nobody noticed - I know people who loved him in DDT before he ever went to NJPW - but he's massively improved since being in NJPW, while also cutting down a lot of the more comedic stuff he was more known for, so the sort of matches he's having are more likely to be recognised as great.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Maikeru said:

/How come nobody seemed to notice Kenny Omega was such a good wrestler until just a couple of years ago? His 6 star match ratings seemed to come out of nowhere and he'd been around for over a decade. 

He wasn't working with Okada before. 

The All in show that recently sold 10k tickets.

I heard Dave Meltzer say that it all started with a post on a message board, Cody read it and got the idea to run a big show.

Does anybody know what board or what thread he is referring to ?

• Paid Members
On 5/16/2018 at 9:54 AM, Merzbow said:

Does anyone know what the show AJW Classics was exactly and how would I be able to find episodes?

It's old AJW matches (mainly 80s) and gets shown once a month or so on Samurai TV, which is a wrestling/MMA channel on Japanese cable TV.

You can get several episodes of it at: https://puroresudream.wordpress.com/category/ajw-classics/

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, RancidPunx said:

The All in show that recently sold 10k tickets.

I heard Dave Meltzer say that it all started with a post on a message board, Cody read it and got the idea to run a big show.

Does anybody know what board or what thread he is referring to ?

It was a Twitter post. Somebody asked if ROH could do 10,000 for a show, Meltzer replied no, then Cody replied to offer him a $1 bet that he could. Technically this isn't an ROH show of course, but that's where the inspiration came from.