UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

6 hours ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Thanks mate 😉

I’m just curious as to why they aren’t doing the slot pre-Smackdown, still live, as opposed to after like they do now. Unless there’s something else being broadcast on the network for that timeslot?

Other than the responses also given, there's also the chance that people dont bother turning up for a half arsed cruiser weight show before SmackDown and then a decent dark main event. At least by holding after SD and before the main you keep the bulk of them in their seats. Its not as much of a problem for Main Event when you can edit and dub the show (unless they show it live too?) and nobody watches it anyway.

On 4/5/2018 at 3:49 PM, Glenryck Pilchards said:

Am I going mad? I am writing a wrestling quiz and I am sure in the past I came over a titbit that Bray Wyatt got his name from Stand by Me (If not that another Stephen King inspired film) where the radio announcer says "...and this song goes out to Bray Wyatt and his sister Abigail"

I have tried googling to confirm this and I cannot find anything. Have I completely made this up? I am looking at @Astro Hollywood to answer this after his brilliant dissection of the character on his blog. 

Probably doesn't help or mean anything to you, but i'm sure i remember he went through a few names/gimmicks in a short period of time before settling on the Bray Wyatt gimmick and name, one being under a leatherface style mask as Axel Mulligan, although the eventual character of Wyatt was initially and very briefly Levi Wyatt or similar. 

• Paid Members
On 16/04/2018 at 10:56 PM, GeronimoJacksBeard said:

Probably doesn't help or mean anything to you, but i'm sure i remember he went through a few names/gimmicks in a short period of time before settling on the Bray Wyatt gimmick and name, one being under a leatherface style mask as Axel Mulligan, although the eventual character of Wyatt was initially and very briefly Levi Wyatt or similar. 

http://www.moviescriptsandscreenplays.com/johncusack/scripts/standbyme.txt

Full Stand By Me script, if that's of any help. 

• Paid Members

And a quick search of that tells me the words "Bray", "Wyatt" and "Abigail" don't appear, so if it is in Stand By Me, it's not in the script. I've never heard the story myself.

The Axel Mulligan gimmick, as far as I can tell, only lasted for a couple of matches and never made TV. I'm not sure when he used the name Levi Wyatt, either - it's acknowledged as one of his prior ring names on Wikipedia and Cagematch, but Cagematch has no matches under that name; though he could easily have done a few vignettes before debuting, I do vaguely remember one of him backed up by Eli Cottonwood before Eli was replaced by Luke Harper.

Somewhere in the mix he did a weird private detective gimmick, too.

1 hour ago, Dzeko10 said:

Hi,

Does anyone know the best place to sell tickets for Raw in London? I have a ticket but can't go anymore, was going to see if I can try and sell it on ebay but I'm not sure if theres a better way! 

Stub Hub.  Easy.  And, as it's sold out, as long as you're not planning to take the piss with what you're selling it for, you should easily sell it.

47 minutes ago, The Dart said:

Stub Hub.  Easy.  And, as it's sold out, as long as you're not planning to take the piss with what you're selling it for, you should easily sell it.

Perfect cheers! I'll see what happens with stubhub. 

2 hours ago, BomberPat said:

I'm not sure when he used the name Levi Wyatt, either - 

...I do vaguely remember one of him backed up by Eli Cottonwood before Eli was replaced by Luke Harper.

That's precisely the only time i recall he was referred to as Levi. That promo (which is probably my favourite promo he's ever done), which was basically an introduction to the new character in FCW, when i first saw it he was named Levi, but then it was very, very shortly after changed to Bray. So good chance he never actually wrestled under Levi. Brought it up as thought maybe that name was making reference to something rather than Bray.

• Paid Members

It's a shame he was gash because "Eli Cottonwood" is a perfect name for the pack. Makes "Luke Harper" and "Erick Rowan" sound positively cosmopolitan.

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members

What with a number of Coliseum Home Videos being added to the network recently, does anybody know if any of them included that belting HBK/Diesel vs 123 Kid/Ramon tag match? I first saw it on a Shawn Michaels comp but I think it was included on other releases too. I didn't re-sub so I can't currently browse the collection myself but that encounter is enough for me to drop down another £9.99.