UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

6 hours ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

Is there any online footage of Al Snow making his “head” entrance in ECW with the original Prodigy music? I’ve tried the obvious places but have found nothing.

I remember having wrestlepalooza 98 on VHS Shane Douglas vs Al snow for the world title.. Good memories

• Paid Members

You have good memories of a PPV headlined by a Shane Douglas vs Al Snow world title match?

My bald head got sunburned to fuck this week. Felt like I'd been sandpapered. It was still a more enjoyable experience than enduring that shower of shite. 

• Awards Moderator

I cannot think of Shane Douglas vs Al Snow at Wrestlepalooza without thinking of @PowerButchi:

Shane Douglas vs Al Snow at Wrestlepalooza. If you have to make it clear to the crowd somethings an epic, then it's not a fucking epic. Epics are organic. Not lying around doing fuck all for 20 minutes then having everyone carry you about on their shoulders at the end like you just at the age of 28 finally lost your virginity to the woman who looks like Robbie Coltrane who works the fag counter in Londis. Nothing happens. At all. Douglas is shite, Al Snow is shite,the "THIS IS A CLASSIC!" booking is shite, and the aftermath is the shiteest of all. It's one of my least favourite matches ever, and I've seen pretty much everything. It's even worse than when Shawn Michaels tries to do his "acting" (I'm sorry, I love you) and it's more cringeworthy than the scene in Corrie when Bill Roache tried to show emotion as Mike Baldwin died in his arms.

On 6/28/2018 at 11:00 PM, wandshogun09 said:

You have good memories of a PPV headlined by a Shane Douglas vs Al Snow world title match?

My bald head got sunburned to fuck this week. Felt like I'd been sandpapered. It was still a more enjoyable experience than enduring that shower of shite. 

the crowd were nuts for snow i enjoyed the match from what i recall

• Paid Members

I seem to remember some Twitter controversy as well where he (at least) clumsily phrased some comments/criticisms relating to Pride which could easily be interpreted (and were by many) as homophobic.

Between that and the Lucha Forever fallout, I think he's stepped away at least temporarily.

Watching Wrestlemania X7 and just got to Angle-Benoit. 

It was my understanding that all commentary involving Benoit had been muted, and they font mention him, but this has full commentary? 

Have I got that wrong, or have they changed tact?

I think they keep most commentary the same from watching nitros with him on, They do on the bar at the bottom when you hover over the spot that shows the match usually only say the name of his opponent plus "in action". I guess they work it out as they can't promote him but don't alter what already exists

There was a point were commentary about him was muted on home video, I think it was on the Elimination Chamber set. It wasn’t a complete muting of him, I think it was anything that was deemed to be complementary was muted. As Simon mentioned above, he’s not mentioned in Chapter points on the network. They’ve changed it now to, for example “Dean Malenko in singles action” on the ones there were uploaded later, but others have a massive gap between one match ending and another starting, and his matches usually occur in that gap

• Paid Members

I remember as a kid watching a match between British Bulldog and The Warlord. 

I'm not sure how many times these two faced each other, but what was the match where the main story of it was who could break the other's full nelson? 

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, eugenespeed said:

I remember as a kid watching a match between British Bulldog and The Warlord. 

I'm not sure how many times these two faced each other, but what was the match where the main story of it was who could break the other's full nelson? 

Can’t remember the “story” of the match, but they had one at WrestleMania VII. Remember as it was one of the first WWF VHS’s I got.