Paid Members Onyx2 Posted July 26, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 26, 2025 Thank you for sharing David. I'm so glad you mentioned a grief counsellor, it's the best thing you could have right now. I speak for the forum when I say writing all this stuff out here is probably very healthy and you should feel able to share when you need to.
King Coconut Posted July 26, 2025 Posted July 26, 2025 You should never think twice about posting about it here. It's the greatest loss a person can suffer and you'll get nothing but love from us. You're doing amazingly well, too.
WyattSheepMask Posted July 26, 2025 Posted July 26, 2025 2 hours ago, DavidB6937 said: She's made me start a bucket list as a way of having something positive to aim for when I'm ready. New York is top of that list. Trying not to just book it on a crazy spur of the moment thing but @WyattSheepMask hasn't helped in the pic thread. It has been a massive dream for years so I'm going to try and figure out a way of affording it somehow soon. I got so confused when I got a notification that I’d been mentioned in this thread as I’m fairly certain I’ve never even ventured into it nevermind posted in it before. I had absolutely no idea that you were going through such a horrible situation, and I just wanted to say sorry.
DavidB6937 Posted July 26, 2025 Posted July 26, 2025 Thanks guys. And sorry for the confusing tag ? Yeah I'm very much just trying to deal with things in the opposite way to how I dealt with my dad dying many years ago. Just ignored it, distracted myself with work and never really opened up about anything. No one ever really suggested counselling or whatever else at the time, and it didn't do me any favours. Definitely looking to do this the right way this time. Whatever the fuck that is. Maybe there isn't a right way but there's definitely some wrong ones.
DavidB6937 Posted July 29, 2025 Posted July 29, 2025 Double post wanker sorry. If anyone's interested, I've started a blog so I can brain dump every so often. Obviously not going to be a happy one but if you want to get miserable over a lunch break or something: https://medium.com/@davidb6937/the-silence-of-grief-47ae99515bbe
DavidB6937 Posted August 14, 2025 Posted August 14, 2025 Just wondered if anyone had any experience with the new (ish) Playxperience place in Butlins at Bognor? I've been before so familiar with most things but seems to be a new place where you can pay for activities. If anyone's been, would love to hear if it's worth doing them ? really want to give my girls a good time after everything they've been through this year.
Members SuperBacon Posted August 30, 2025 Members Posted August 30, 2025 Bad injury this morning for youngest at football. She took a corner and immediately went down in agony on her hip. Straight to A&E, and waiting for an xray, the doctor said he thought it sounded like a fracture of the hip socket. Obviously this devastated her, but he said its quite common and heals quite fast. The xray couldn't see anything, so it feels and looks like a severe groin strain. Few weeks on crutches and her preseason in tatters. But it's not as bad as first feared. Should've seen her in A&E. Taking selfies, sending to her group chats with "Bruuuuuuh, football injuries are legit ⚽️⚽️⚽️???" etc. Football is her life. Peak timing as well, they're off to Zakynthos tomorrow! Cheered her up by making her watch the Spurs game...
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted September 13, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 13, 2025 My daughter has a favourite nostril apparently. As you do.
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted September 14, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 14, 2025 Left. And not a clue. Her mum asked her why and she just sighed and said “I’ve got my reasons”. She’s off her head.
Members SuperBacon Posted September 14, 2025 Members Posted September 14, 2025 20 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said: Left. And not a clue. Her mum asked her why and she just sighed and said “I’ve got my reasons”. She’s off her head. Wands daughter:
lars85 Posted September 14, 2025 Posted September 14, 2025 23 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said: Left. And not a clue. Her mum asked her why and she just sighed and said “I’ve got my reasons”. She’s off her head. Clearly. Everyone knows it's the right.
Paid Members Surf Digby Posted September 14, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 14, 2025 13 hours ago, wandshogun09 said: My daughter has a favourite nostril apparently. As you do. I have a favourite nostril. It's one of Salma Hayek's, mind.....
DavidB6937 Posted September 25, 2025 Posted September 25, 2025 So it would've been my son's 4th birthday tomorrow. Thought it wasn't going to bother me too much because most days are shit anyway but yeah, today it has really hit me like a ton of bricks. So tomorrow I'm going to go and get a tattoo and eat cake.
deathrey Posted September 25, 2025 Posted September 25, 2025 Be kind to yourself @DavidB6937, it'll be a tough day. I took shall have a slice of cake in his memory.
Recommended Posts