DavidB6937 Posted September 26, 2025 Posted September 26, 2025 Thank you @deathrey ❤️ For anyone interested, I did get a tattoo and I'm about to eat pizza and cake. Moana was his favourite movie so now he gets to go on adventures with her forever ?
Members SuperBacon Posted September 26, 2025 Members Posted September 26, 2025 Really nice that mate. What pizza and cake you having?
DavidB6937 Posted September 26, 2025 Posted September 26, 2025 Thank you. Girls went with Pizza Hut so something with cheesy bites. And got a nice chocolate cake from M&S because I'm a whore for their bakery section. Eating was his favourite thing. He was definitely my son. He'd be trying to steal my food now for sure.
deathrey Posted September 26, 2025 Posted September 26, 2025 The chocolate mousse cake from M&S is an absolute delight! Its my absolute favourite shop bought cake I love the tattoo @DavidB6937
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted November 13, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 13, 2025 My 18yo continues to deny allegations of being a goth while wearing this tremendous bat jacket and a MCR t-shirt. I had to practically bully him into letting me buy that jacket because "it costs too much". Weirdo.
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted November 13, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 13, 2025 1 minute ago, Devon Malcolm said: My 18yo continues to deny allegations of being a goth while wearing this tremendous bat jacket and a MCR t-shirt. I had to practically bully him into letting me buy that jacket because "it costs too much". Weirdo. If I bought that coat I would absolutely use it to make a Batfink Cosplay. But my wife would absolutely prevent me buying it so I’m glad you’re doing that for your son. Top parenting
Paid Members Surf Digby Posted November 14, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 14, 2025 (edited) Not sure I could pull it off, but I'd want it to go with my love for Spring Heeled Jack lore. Edited November 14, 2025 by Surf Digby .
Paid Members Surf Digby Posted November 14, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 14, 2025 This morning, while waiting in the school playground, a child of about 10 without warning shouted "Bum cheeks!", and then mimed the act of spreading said cheeks apart, and motorboating them.
Paid Members gmoney Posted November 14, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 14, 2025 Sometimes it's good to get a sign that things are going to be alright.
DavidB6937 Posted November 14, 2025 Posted November 14, 2025 15 minutes ago, Surf Digby said: This morning, while waiting in the school playground, a child of about 10 without warning shouted "Bum cheeks!", and then mimed the act of spreading said cheeks apart, and motorboating them. Sounds like the start of Human Centipede..
Members SuperBacon Posted November 28, 2025 Members Posted November 28, 2025 Eldest is 16 today. Where does that time go? 😭 From being a tiny little thing to a wonderful, beautiful, intelligent young woman, it really does fly. In the throes of GCSE revision, looking at colleges, bloody boyfriend for a year! I just want her to be tiny again. Ah well. All out for dinner tonight and then me and her at a Smiths tribute act tomorrow. Lovely stuff. I remember when I turned 16, we all got smashed down Richmond riverside until the filth caught us and made us pour our remaining beers in the river. Nobs.
deathrey Posted December 17, 2025 Posted December 17, 2025 Going through a really difficult couple of weeks with my eldest and I'm really starting to worry I'm going to burn out. Please allow me to sound off for a little bit as I struggle to do this with people I know, I always feel there is going to be some judgement My eldest got a UTI about 3 weeks ago it's just been chaos since then. As it was painful for him to wee, he starting withholding and refusing to go for a wee which as you can imagine makes the whole problem worse. He seemed to have clicked on that drinking and eating results in him needing the toilet so is refusing to eat and drink adequately. In between the UTI and now he's had a cold and a fever (separately) and his mood has just been all over the place, partly because he feels shit and partly because he is hungry. We've had to tell him can't go to school unless he does a wee in the morning which results in a massive meltdown because he wants to go to school but it took him 35 minutes to have a wee on Tuesday morning, everyone was late for school and work. There is just so much to worry about - What's going to trigger a meltdown next, him not eating, him not going to the toilet. Our GP is great on the whole but there no additional services in our area to support so I feel like going back to them in pointless. School is obviously off routine at the moment as it's glitter and glue month and that's not helping matters. The Christmas holidays really can't come soon enough. I'm hoping it will be a reset for all of us. We are going to stay with my parents for a fortnight so I'm hoping I can actually get a little bit of time to myself (which isn't spent at work, my only respite at the moment). My son loves visiting so I'm hoping it will be a little reset for him too and he's back to his old self again come January when everything is back in routine.
wordsfromlee Posted January 11 Posted January 11 Finally managed to get back on here after my daughter was born four months ago. Hard work, isn't it?
deathrey Posted January 11 Posted January 11 Yes. A joy but absolutely exhausting. Congratulations! I hope your daughter lets you get more than 3 hours of sleep in one go
Recommended Posts