DavidB6937 Posted April 19, 2025 Posted April 19, 2025 Just popping in to say a massive heartfelt thank you. The support genuinely means so much to us in the most difficult of times. I appreciate you all.
DavidB6937 Posted April 24, 2025 Posted April 24, 2025 Booked the funeral today. Such a surreal experience. Doesn't even feel real at the moment. It's all just a blur really. Sitting there looking through a catalogue of child coffins is one of the most mental things I've ever done. Even in the dark place I'm in right now, I still had to laugh at the TARDIS coffin.
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted April 24, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 24, 2025 Cannot fathom what you are going through. Glad you can find glimmers of humour.
Members SuperBacon Posted April 25, 2025 Members Posted April 25, 2025 On 6/1/2023 at 11:06 PM, SuperBacon said: She said it would only be the once, but because she is now an advocate for the charity, she found another deserving couple, so she is currently going through the initial stages of that with them with the intention to give birth for them around new years I think. So just to follow up on this, my ex did indeed carry another child for a wonderful couple and gave birth to him in the early hours of this morning and he's doing well and she's doing well also after a knackering day. She gave birth at home with our girls there too, just what she wanted. I suppose I share this not for her benefit (she'll never see this) but to show that there is always options for those that can't carry or conceive children of their own, and while I don't really have all the answers I'm more than happy to point people in the direction of this particular charity if they would like to do so, and also to answer any questions around surrogacy you may have. This was my helpful reply to when her waters broke. Yeah it's a mystery to me as well why we're not together considering I'm such a laugh ? Anyway I've just dropped her off a bottle of Lanson champagne and she's chugged half the bottle already and asked me if I have any fags so all is back to normal. She says never again as this time was the worst of all her four births but she said that last time.
deathrey Posted May 2, 2025 Posted May 2, 2025 Some light relief in the political misery that is today. My youngest who is two and a half went for his first ever haircut today. His hair was really long, like elbow length long. Gorgeous brown curly hair. As the weather is getting warmer and he refuses to sit still to have his hair done, we decided it was time to get it cut. He's gone for a proper cut, it's a grade 6 round the sides and a little longer on top. I'm sat working and he is sat next to me now watching Spiderman and I keep looking over at him quickly whilst working and my brain goes 'who the fucks that?!' before I remember. He looks totally different. I'm wondering whether his friends will recognise him at nursery on Tuesday.... And if his brother will even notice?!
DavidB6937 Posted May 6, 2025 Posted May 6, 2025 Funeral tomorrow. Have to wear a suit. I fucking hate suits. On the plus side I did manage to get our end song to be You're Welcome from Moana rather than some miserable choice. Hopefully it doesn't summon Travis Scott or something. The day's going to be shit enough as it is.
deathrey Posted May 6, 2025 Posted May 6, 2025 Lovely song choice, no doubt it will be on our playlist in the car tomorrow and I will say a little prayer for your son. I don't think there any words that can be said that will make tomorrow bearable for you but I'll be thinking of you all
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted May 7, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 7, 2025 Thinking of you and your family today David. I invite others who can't find the words to like this post in support of him.
DavidB6937 Posted May 8, 2025 Posted May 8, 2025 Hi all, Firstly - thank you (again) for all your kindness, support and messages. We made it through yesterday. Incredibly tough yet in some ways really beautiful. Obviously many many tears from everyone but hopefully we did the boy proud. One thing that struck me was just how many people turned up. Our family and friends. People from work. People from his nursery and the hospice. It was wonderful to be able to share him with so many people and know they'd touched their lives somehow. I wrote a poem for the service which I thought I'd share here. One more cuddle. One more laugh. One more "cheese" for a photograph. One more climb going up the slide. One more catching you with arms open wide. One more taxi journey holding your hand. One more beach trip eating the sand. One more "yes please" but more likely a "no". One more picking up anything you would throw. One more cheeky grin when you knew you were wrong. One more dance to a favourite song. One more run to give everyone cuddles. One more jump into muddy puddles. One more tickle fight on your bedroom floor. One more moment with you. Just one more. One of the toughest days of my life but we made it. So proud of my girls for getting through it too. Can't imagine how difficult it is at that age. Gone far too soon but I'll never forget him ❤️ Taking the rest of the week just to give my brain a bit of downtime and then next week I'll start trying to get my shit together. Probably some counselling through the local hospice or something.
lars85 Posted May 8, 2025 Posted May 8, 2025 That's beautiful. I can't even begin to imagine what you've been through. By the sound of things you definitely did him proud. Look after yourself.
Mr_Danger Posted June 5, 2025 Posted June 5, 2025 I (very poorly) gave my 7 year old son a stern telling off the other day and he called me P Diddy. Shocked, hurt, angry and amused. Just gutted the freak offs are gonna have to stop tbh.
Members SuperBacon Posted June 5, 2025 Members Posted June 5, 2025 12 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said: I (very poorly) gave my 7 year old son a stern telling off the other day and he called me P Diddy. Shocked, hurt, angry and amused. Just gutted the freak offs are gonna have to stop tbh. A few weeks back I threatened to take my youngests Nike fleece hoody off her and wear it as its bloody nice. My eldests response? "You'd look like a nonce"
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted July 7, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 7, 2025 LaGoosh The Third decided he was bored in the womb and made a surprise Royal Rumble esque debut over the weekend two weeks earlier than we all expected.Guess he wanted to make sure he was here in time to see Hangman beat Mox next weekend.
deathrey Posted July 7, 2025 Posted July 7, 2025 Awww what an adorable little guy. Looks like he's getting ready to get on the ring himself, flexing his little muscles. Congratulations!
DavidB6937 Posted July 26, 2025 Posted July 26, 2025 Thought I'd give a bit of an update on me. This was probably the best topic for it. So it's been 3 months now which feels like forever and no time at all. I've lost all concept of time really. Lucky if I know what day it is most of the time. Grief is such a weird thing. I set myself a very low bar for existence at the moment. As long as I get out of bed I'm happy with that. I'm back working from home which is a life saver mentally. I'd quite happily not be working but got bills to pay so it has forced me back and I think it's the best thing for me. I find myself struggling more when I'm not distracted. At the same time I'm trying to not distract myself too much to the point where I'm not dealing with losing him. I need to be able to grieve and experience all the pain and the upset even if it's horrible to go through. It won't go away if I just try to ignore it or bury it. So yeah it's all a fucking massive juggling act mentally. Especially with people asking how I am because really it's mostly politeness and they absolutely don't want me to answer that in any great detail. My grief counsellor keeps telling me that it's really early on in my journey and that I have to try and be kind to myself and be proud of even the little steps taken each day. I'm not very good at that stuff so it's a challenge but I'm absolutely trying. She's made me start a bucket list as a way of having something positive to aim for when I'm ready. New York is top of that list. Trying not to just book it on a crazy spur of the moment thing but @WyattSheepMask hasn't helped in the pic thread. It has been a massive dream for years so I'm going to try and figure out a way of affording it somehow soon. Anyway I'm still here and I'm still going and sometimes that's enough in itself. Losing a child truly is a loss like no other. Trying to work out how to exist in a world where everything else has stayed the same is a massive head fuck. But I'll get there.
Recommended Posts