~*UKFF's Children Thread*~

Kookoocachu

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Was round my friend's yesterday and she had that Hey Duggee on for her kids. It's wacky, but highly amusing, appeals to my sense of humour. I'd never seen it before. Thoroughly entertaining. There was a bit with a huge bubble and it kept looking like it was going to land on stuff and pop? Deliciously wacky.

Wait until you discover the stick insect episode.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

Wait until you discover the stick insect episode.

Is that the one with that Sticky Sticky Stick Stick song? 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Oh yes.

aDSC_2947.jpg.96adfbca9e9986eecb45b4d44509028d.jpg

Here's my son now, almost 7, re-enacting the task of sorting out the rounds for the paper boys. This is a pretty basic job, which involves making up the rounds for the paper boys.

And here he is being a ghost. Just because.

aDSC_3022.jpg.76958e06737c1ede0c0d29064bf2bd33.jpg

Edited by Nostalgia Nonce

4 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Hey Duggee is full of brilliant weirdness the stick song is a wonderful example. I'm a particular fan of the stoner rabbits and effiminate crab who lives with his "friend" Nigel. 

We've just taken out 18 month old to Thailand for a week and as lovely a time as we've had I'm exhausted. 

• 4 weeks later...

Kind of a parent related question :

I live in a small two bed apartment with my wife and our 4 month old daughter.

We live in the city and a good buddy of mine , who is single, is coming to stay with us Saturday night. Me and him are doing beers and he will bunk in our spare room.

My wife was a little slow to have someone stay over but i talked her into it as i thought a night on the beer would do him good as he is very isolated socially and i thought he was struggling with depression.

So then he drops into the chat that he has been chatting with a bird online where i live and has kind agreed to meet her Saturday night, he was asking if things go well could he bring her back to my place. 

So do i cockblock my friend or do i allow a complete stranger into my small home with my 4 month old daughter ?

I kind of know deep down but just wanted to put it out there anyways..

On 6/1/2023 at 7:23 PM, Wretch said:

Anyone have any experience with struggling to conceive? Always just figured kids would be in my future but having to accept they might not is a tough pill to swallow.

It took my partner and I six years to conceive. The worst part was family members getting on at us to have kids, asking when we were going to, dropping unsubtle hints. When we finally did unexpectedly conceive, I made sure to make them feel guilty about that behaviour; it’s massively inappropriate and made us feel terrible.

I’m not sure what the policy is with the NHS where you are (I’m in Scotland) when it comes to IVF, but our GP referred us on for this shortly before the pandemic. Covid delayed things further as far as waiting lists go, and I genuinely did not think it was going to happen to us - miraculously it did, and our first child was born this year.

I really feel for you and what you’re going through - I would second everything @deathrey suggested, and if you ever need to chat or vent, really do feel free to drop me a DM. I really hope things work out for you.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Browser Brady said:

So do I cockblock my friend or do I allow a complete stranger into my small home with my 4 month old daughter ?

Yes.

If things go well, he can go back to her place (or round the back of Greggs, whatever's the preference). Aside from not knowing whether she's a nutcase or not, you don't use a friend's family home as a shag-pad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

This morning, I had the dreaded thing happen. The phone ringing during work, and the caller display showing that it was school. He'd only been there just over an hour.

I answered, and was asked if I could go in on Monday morning. It turns out he's being presented with the Headmaster's Award of Excellence and they want me in for the presentation. Considering he has issues with focus and concentration, and there were a few incidents where one of the more boisterous kids discovered that he's very easy to convince into doing something naughty, I'm over The Moon about it. 

Edited by Nostalgia Nonce

• 3 weeks later...

So I want to get a new dog, but I have a relatively young child. Does anyone here have experience of puppies with babies? What was it like, and what challenges did you face? What age would you recommend taking the leap with this?

For context, I’m an experienced dog owner, but I’ve never had a puppy at the same time as a baby. In the past I’ve rehomed rescue dogs with behavioural issues specifically because my wife and I didn’t have kids; so I’m very experienced at working with challenging dogs to resolve challenging problems. In other words, I know what I’m getting myself in for…in a very specific set of circumstances. What have your experiences been with puppies and young kids? Obviously what we’ve previously done isn’t an option these days.

Edited by RedRooster

• 4 weeks later...