~*UKFF's Children Thread*~

Kookoocachu

My daughters are currently obsessed with Nickelodeon shows on Netflix.

They seem to be watching one called Sam and Cat which I'd never heard of, but it seems to have Ariana Grande in it so it's weird to watch.

Hopefully when they run out of this trash I can get them onto Alex Mack, Kenan & Kel and some of the decent cartoons. 

5 minutes ago, Surf Digby said:

IMG_20240315_123847.thumb.jpg.d66a79db356a4885cfa31abbef3acb0f.jpg

""Look at Mario! His eyes are magnets! Ha ha ha ha ha!!!"

It's laugh-a-minute around here.

Mario's hat is green. Really poor effort.

4 minutes ago, deathrey said:

@SuperBaconYeah I think that's the one. My nephew used to watch it (he's about 15 now too), it was excruciating, made me want to pull teeth. I wonder whether he still does the videos

Just looked it up, he's 12 and still makes videos, with his two twin sisters.

Just had a flashback that we did one of his challenges where we could put either nice stuff on our pizza or horrible stuff on each others pizzas, but because I'm not an idiot, we did it at my Dads house and I made him buy all the ingredients as I realised what an utter waste it was going to be to put skittles and Mars bars on a pizza.

9 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

My daughters are currently obsessed with Nickelodeon shows on Netflix.

They seem to be watching one called Sam and Cat which I'd never heard of, but it seems to have Ariana Grande in it so it's weird to watch.

Hopefully when they run out of this trash I can get them onto Alex Mack, Kenan & Kel and some of the decent cartoons. 

Yeah Ariana was in that as a teen, they made her dye her hair which is apparently why she is balding now and always wears her hair up. Random fact you never wanted to know.

Is Alex Mack on Netflix?! 

My kids are Cbeebies age and obsessed with it. Nick Cope Popcast is there absolute favourite at the moment, both me and my husband find ourselves wondering around singing 'the babys done a poo' out loud at random times

3 hours ago, deathrey said:

My kids are Cbeebies age and obsessed with it. Nick Cope Popcast is there absolute favourite at the moment, both me and my husband find ourselves wondering around singing 'the babys done a poo' out loud at random times

“Family of cats” is my favourite one of his. New Numberblocks episodes have been airing over the last couple of weeks, which is great news as it’s meant an end to a good month of endless Colourblocks, which is hugely inferior and shit and boring. 

Yeah what the hell is Colourblocks?  Numberblocks and Alphablocks are much better. The Numberblocks theme tune is catchy AF too.

Ralph the Rusty Robot and The Lizard standing on a rock are both ear worms. Nick Cope is actually doing a theatre tour and we are thinking of taking the kids in the summer, God help us.

Edited by deathrey

• 3 weeks later...

I need some advice and I trust UKFF parents above most! I'll be heading back to the UK for a couple of weeks in July (PM if you need filling in on where I've been) and two areas need advice as my 2 1/2 year old will be coming. 

First, how do you keep the little sods in their seat on flights for the bits they have to be seated and belted? Any tips welcomed. 

Second, while we love to cook for him at home and do loads of meal prep, my mother is a clean freak and still looks at me as the fat, greasy teenager who used to destroy her kitchen. So to avoid unnecessary friction between my wife and mother over who gets to treat me like dirt I'm looking for recommendations on tasty microwaveable/frozen foods to give my son. Do they do a toddler chippy tea ready meals in Tesco?

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, simonworden said:

I need some advice and I trust UKFF parents above most! I'll be heading back to the UK for a couple of weeks in July (PM if you need filling in on where I've been) and two areas need advice as my 2 1/2 year old will be coming. 

First, how do you keep the little sods in their seat on flights for the bits they have to be seated and belted? Any tips welcomed. 

I *think* you can contact the airline beforehand and tell them about the situation and they might be able to provide you with help and support on the flight for those parts. Might depend on the airline though, but worth tagging them on Twitter and see what they say.

I've never flown with a child that young but on the food front you can buy loads of healthy ready meals from the Little Dishes brand. Asda do them, pretty sure other supermarkets will too. There's also the Annabel Karmel range but they might be aimed more at kids just moving on to solids.