Members SuperBacon Posted January 25, 2023 Members Posted January 25, 2023 Told my 9yo yesterday that the cold weather hurts my knee. Her reaction? "Lol, what an L" Little shit.
Joe Blog Posted January 25, 2023 Posted January 25, 2023 I am having my third daughter end of May. I cannot bloody wait.
Keith Houchen Posted January 25, 2023 Posted January 25, 2023 30 minutes ago, Joe Blog said: I am having my third daughter end of May. I cannot bloody wait. Congratulations to you and the family, buddy!
Paid Members Surf Digby Posted March 17, 2023 Paid Members Posted March 17, 2023 It's time for the tooth fairy to pay a visit, as the tooth that's been wobbly for the past couple of weeks has finally come out. Except it hasn't. My 6 year old has hatched a cunning plan to scam the incisor infatuated imp, with a white stone. He must have sold it well, because he managed to fool his teacher with it.
Members SuperBacon Posted March 22, 2023 Members Posted March 22, 2023 My eldest has been selected to be a panel judge in this years Hampshire Book Awards and I am so, so, so proud. Her dream has always been to be an author, she has adored reading from a very early age, and she is absolutely chuffed to have been chosen, so we're very proud of her. When I told her 10yo sister that she had to read the entire shortlist by June, she replied "L, that's what she gets for being a nerd" ???
Paid Members Nick James Posted March 23, 2023 Paid Members Posted March 23, 2023 Has anyone got any tips for flying long haul with young children? In a few months, we will be flying over 20 hours with out 5yo and 18mo and I'm absolutely dreading the flight. We are flying with Emirates and have booked the front row of seats to allow them a little bit of floor space to play, bought some colouring books etc, but I just can't get excited at all about going, because the thought of 20 hours stuck in a seat with two young kids terrifies me. I'm tempted to try those natural calming patches to see if they work, which are suppose to aid sleep etc. I think the 5yo will be fine watching films etc, but the 18mo is at the stage of wanting to just be everywhere. It's not only that, there's the anxiousness around other passengers being annoyed at two young kids being on the plane if they are playing up. Planes should have an onboard soft-play to chuck them in, never mind a first class sky lounge.
Members SuperBacon Posted April 7, 2023 Members Posted April 7, 2023 Said to my 10yo this morning, "What are you doing up there?" as they had been quiet for about an hour. "Nothing" 10 minutes later they sent me these. Was absolutely crying at the Rashford one. My fault for them having so many shirts obviously. Bless.
Keith Houchen Posted April 7, 2023 Posted April 7, 2023 Sent that bottom one to social services. That’s abysmal parenting. Mind you, I guess in London it’s commonplace!
Members SuperBacon Posted April 28, 2023 Members Posted April 28, 2023 (edited) Helped out my youngests school today on their trip to the zoo. For two weeks all I've heard is "Dad, please please please don't embarrass me. In fact, just don't talk to my friends at all" as I wind her up with telling her I'm gonna be dropping "lit", "wack" etc all over the gaff. A group of 65, I had 11 of them. 2 of them were 99.9% of the time anywhere not in my line of sight. It was utter chaos. Whatever teachers are demanding in their pay demands isn't enough. Pay them all a million quid a year. I've had about 7 hours of "Mr Bacon, do you like bacon?" and one boy who kept asking "Do you think the rhino's put their horns up each others bums?" I'm having a whisky. Edited April 28, 2023 by SuperBacon Grammar
deathrey Posted April 28, 2023 Posted April 28, 2023 Ahhh school trips! They were always my favourite days as it was less chaotic than being in school, though I would always come back to an absolute shit show. I quite miss school trips now!
DavidB6937 Posted April 28, 2023 Posted April 28, 2023 1 hour ago, SuperBacon said: I've had about 7 hours of "Mr Bacon, do you like bacon?" Clearly they don't post here or they would've asked some hard hitting questions about mushy peas.
Members SuperBacon Posted April 28, 2023 Members Posted April 28, 2023 18 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: Clearly they don't post here or they would've asked some hard hitting questions about mushy peas. We live in the south, so they have never heard of mushy peas obviously.
Mr_Danger Posted April 28, 2023 Posted April 28, 2023 My 10 year old at the school pick up. 10 Year old: Darren, I’m going to call you barren because it means bald. Me: No it doesn’t. 10 year old: What does it mean then? Me: Like devoid of life or land where nothing grows. 10 year old: Like your head then so I’m going to call you barren. 10 year olds best friend: Hi Barren.
Paid Members FLips Posted April 28, 2023 Paid Members Posted April 28, 2023 Please tell me your name is Darren Danger.
Paid Members Nick James Posted April 28, 2023 Paid Members Posted April 28, 2023 1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said: My 10 year old at the school pick up. 10 Year old: Darren, I’m going to call you barren because it means bald. Me: No it doesn’t. 10 year old: What does it mean then? Me: Like devoid of life or land where nothing grows. 10 year old: Like your head then so I’m going to call you barren. 10 year olds best friend: Hi Barren. And this is the post that has finally caused me to explain the UKFF to the Mrs as I've just burst out laughing while watching a serious drama on TV. Kudos.
Recommended Posts