General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• Paid Members

So they just announced that Rian Johnson is going to be given his own standalone Star Wars trilogy.

http://deadline.com/2017/11/star-wars-new-film-trilogy-rian-johnson-lucasfilm-star-wars-the-last-jedi-1202204843/

I can only assume from this that The Last Jedi must have blown Disney away for them to hand something over like this, because that's quite some show of faith. Superb director, can't wait for all of this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I went to college with Scott Adkins (he was a year above me) performing arts at Sutton Coldfield. The year after he left he made Black Mask 2 with RVD and knowing what a ECW mark I was at the time came back with some signed stuff for me and the wrestling neards.   Top top bloke

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, John Matrix said:

So woke up to this on Twitter this morning...

DPv3sw7W0AAjb_x.jpg

Straight to DVD it may be, but i'm all over this!!  

Blew many a pocket money penny on Toxic back in the day.

1991_05_toxic_10.jpg?resize=800,1124

Holy shit, I had no idea. Did you post this here because you couldn't bear to go in the comic movie thread?

I'd prefer Martial Law but accident man was cool too, I like Scott Adkins as well.

• Paid Members
On 29/11/2017 at 12:05 PM, theironshake said:

I went to college with Scott Adkins (he was a year above me) performing arts at Sutton Coldfield. The year after he left he made Black Mask 2 with RVD and knowing what a ECW mark I was at the time came back with some signed stuff for me and the wrestling neards.   Top top bloke

thats great! always a soft spot for Adkins.

• Paid Members

Watched John Wick again with the other half last night after she'd "heard good things" about it (probably from me when I watched it around this time last year). It's so well paced, nice and steady to set the scene, then there's all the tension when Vigo's talking to Romeo about why he turned his son away from the garage that day, and the scene where he's explaining to Iosef about Wick while Wick is getting his gimmick out of the basement is brilliant. I also enjoy that while there's a shedload of action going on, there aren't loads of explosions happening, so it feels very grounded. I think we're going to probably keep an eye out for the second one now. I have a feeling its in the 2 for a tenner on Bluray at Asda, so I might see whether I can get Star Trek Beyond as well.

In the Accident Man poster, call me a little naive but is that Bubba Dudley with the axe?

• Paid Members

what is the worst Super Hero movie out there? i think this one would take some topping (though i dont think this is based on an actual comic book character)...

Cross+DVDRip+Espa%C3%B1ol+Latino+Descarg

ive just found out they released a sequel this year.

The Freddie biopic has been hit with issues since the beginning unfortunately. They recast Freddie and apparently rewrote the script. Production has been put on hold now after Singers firing

http://www.nme.com/news/music/freddie-mercury-biopic-on-hold-2167402

This movie had a estimated release date of 2018 but if they do still go ahead 2019 seems more likely. 

• Paid Members

Can't help but think they've got rid of him before his murky past goes public again. No way it wouldn't get a lot more traction with everything that's been happening recently. 

The film will be terrible. I think it was a Sasha Baron cohen interview after he left the project and it said that because Queen are involved they want it as an upbeat film, rather than go into any detail about his personal life