General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• Paid Members

That sounds bloody incredible. I've seen Kumail in something before, can't remember what now- he's quite deadpan right? I remember liking him.

But my god- Big Dave in this kind of film is awesome. He was probably the best thing about GOTG2, and that's saying something because everyone was great in it. Really gave him another string to his bow and showed he can pull off comedy well.

@Devon MalcolmI know how you feel about superhero movies, but I also know that as a real man you love some Big Dave in your life. You should give Guardians of the Galaxy 2 a watch just for Batista's performance. Plus, that French girl you like is in it.

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

@Devon MalcolmI know how you feel about superhero movies, but I also know that as a real man you love some Big Dave in your life. You should give Guardians of the Galaxy 2 a watch just for Batista's performance. Plus, that French girl you like is in it.

Absolutely not! I'll just rewatch Blade Runner 2049 and Ingrid Goes West. Ingrid Goes West is great btw, you should all watch it.

Yeah, Nanjiani was in The Big Sick, it was based on his relationship with Emily V. Gordon. It's a really good film, not anywhere near what you would expect from a standard romcom. Definitely recommended.

• Paid Members

Big Dave's turn in the first Guardians of the Galaxy is maybe the most fun I've had watching a character in a Marvel effort. Everyone has sort of copied parts of the formula since, but you can sometimes forget how refreshing that first film was, and particularly Big Dave's character who was so unique and fun and incredibly funny. They played off your preconceptions perfectly.

• Paid Members

In more great news, Tessa Thompson and Chris Hemsworth are partnering up for a Men in Black spin-off. Unfortunately it's to be directed by F. Gary Gray but it is Chris Hemsworth in a comedy again, so this could be excellent too.

• Paid Members

The trailer had a couple of funny moments, but aye, I was certain it would be something along the lines of "Dirty Grandpa" in reception and tone. Currently sitting at a 90% on Rotten Tomatoes and 74% on Metacritic. I noticed The Guardian gave it 3*, so it must be alright, because The Guardian are right snooty when it comes to their comedies.