General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• Paid Members

They've recently gone back and re-shot / changed the entire final third of the film which isn't filling me full of confidence. But, as Branquey says. It's Shane Black, the man who invented wise cracking action films!

• Paid Members

What annoyed me about the reshoot debacle, lads, was that it was the fucking Predator fans and real hardcore sci-fi fans that lost the plot after some pre-screeings because the movie reminded them of Lethal Weapon mixed with a Predator movie so they had to reshoot and remove comedy elements.

Iā€™m a huge fan of Predator and Predator 2 and I was all for a Shane Blacking of the Predator mythos. It filled me with joy and fucking wonder. I mean, I loved the Mandarin reveal in Iron Man 3 and was hoping for more cheek like that, but still, as D-Mal says, In Shane We Trust.

Ā 

• Paid Members

No doubt in me mind he'll give it an immerciful belt, Col-Bol. Even Handsome Holbrook's "Assassins" line in the teaser filled me with hope that we'll get plenty of snappy dialogue.

Plus, Thomas Jane sold me with this:

ā€œWe play these veterans from like Afghanistan, Iraq war or whatever. But weā€™re all fucking crazy so we go to the VA hospital to get our meds. Weā€™re all like shellshocked, PTSDā€¦soldiers. Weā€™re at the VA hospital and weā€™re in group therapy and of course, somebody flips outā€¦this is backstory, I donā€™t think we really see thisā€¦somebody flips out and we all get arrested and get thrown onto the bus to go down to the hospital and they throw this other guy on the bus too.

Ā 

And heā€™s a guy theyā€™ve actually marked to kill him because heā€™s seen a UFO, heā€™s seen the Predator ships come down so they lock him up and throw him in with us lunatics. Theyā€™re going to take that bus, drive it down to a ditch and shoot us all just to get rid of this one guy. But, of course, we take the bus over and weā€™re all like ā€œfuck that man, letā€™s go kill these fucking Predators ourselvesā€ and weā€™re just crazy enough to believe that this guy really did see a UFO andĀ thereā€™sĀ these aliens out there. So thatā€™s kinda cool!ā€

Ā 

• Paid Members

Never mind Predator, in the best possible movie news that doesn't involve Ben Affleck signing a multi year Batman contract, Mike Myers is ready for Austin Powers 4 and he wants do do it from Dr Evil's point of view.

https://www.etonline.com/mike-myers-wants-to-do-an-austin-powers-movie-from-dr-evils-perspective-exclusive-101918

I have every faith it'll be a good film, more than happy for there to be some humour in there, just not liking the overall look but it's just a trailer. I really liked what Robert Rodriguez did with Predators, take the look of that film and Shane Black's writing/direction and I'd be a happy boy.

• Paid Members

Has anyone ever been to the London film festival? What was it like? How does it all work with tickets and stuff? I'd quite like to go to the 2018 one but I have no idea how they work

Are there any other UK film festivals that are worth looking at?