General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

He was always very particular about what roles he would take. While he won't have been short on offers, he's only been in 2 films in the ten years since There Will Be a Blood, Nine (2009) and Lincoln (2012). For him to actually take a role he had to really be wanting to do it 

As Hollywood seems to be chock full of remakes and Comicbook films these days, he's probably quite happy to just call it a day

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

I'm, at least, pleased he's doing one more Paul Thomas Anderson film before calling it a day. There Will Be Blood is an incredible bit of work by all involved; I hope they can capture some of that for Phantom Thread.

I can see him coming back for the right role. Wasn't he essentially semi-retired and enjoying life, then Scorsese wanted him for Gangs of New York, leading to his comeback?

In other news, the Han Solo prequel has turned into a bit of a disaster, now Disney decided to sack the two directors during filming. Oddly, the rumour is they don't like the "loose comedic style" of what they've done. I don't know what they expected hiring the directors of The Lego Movie and 21 Jump Street.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Nick Soapdish said:

I like their moves but always thought Lord and Miller were an odd fit for a Straight Star Wars movie

It seems to be the Disney model now; hire directors with one or two smaller budget hits to their name and get them to make a film that fits into a very specific mould. The sheer number of people who have already had issues with it ( Thor 2, Ant Man, Rogue One, Avengers 2, Han Solo, Black Panther)  makes it sound like it might be a nightmare. 

Edited by chokeout

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

Thought it's as good a place to pop this here as any.
Found a YouTube channel - akin to the Wrestling Shoot Interview one where the titles are 'slightly' ajar - that's full of Audio Commentaries.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgCcHygvKQVfS5So921_FZA/videos

I'm thoroughly enjoying the one for 'Man vs Rock' on my lunch here...

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I was just going to say, do I need to have seen any of the post-T2 films when I watch this? Because I've not seen any of them and have no interest in doing so.

I hope so. IIRC, they had Hamilton dying of cancer for T3, so unless this takes place just after T2 (or she's a new Terminator model or ghost) they sort of have to ignore the nonsense of post-T2.

The last one had the alternative timeline bollocks they did in the Star Trek reboot. I truly hope that is given the swift boot. Cannae be arsed with oh so 2017 wise cracking Kyle Reese and Sarah Connor. In Cameron we trust.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, ColinBollocks said:

The next Terminator film is not only set to have Cameron back directing and Arnie looking huge, but Linda Hamilton has agreed to star in it too.

I just hope they/we can all just agree to be adults and ignore everything post-T2.

Sadly CB, Cameron isn't directing. It's Tim Miller (Deadpool) is directing. I'm guessing Cameron is producing and one of the articles said he was writing it too. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I was just going to say, do I need to have seen any of the post-T2 films when I watch this? Because I've not seen any of them and have no interest in doing so.

Don't 3 and Salvation were enough to almost hate the entire franchise. Though it did give us this gem

"AH DE DA DE DA" "NO NO" "oh GOOD FOR YOOOOOU"

Edited by Nick Soapdish