General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

I have a Cineworld card and use it all the time. I enjoy movies a lot more than I used to and love the craft.

I'm actually working on a few screenplays just now. I don't know if they will be movies or if I will try and get them made into TV shows but I do love the craft and creating stories and characters.

2 hours ago, scotswizard said:

One of my ideas was based on wrestling too. I only got a few pages in. One version is a comedy and the other is a straight up drama. Maybe I will go ahead and finish the first episode one day. I really think it could do well.

So Skynet has finally become self-aware.

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

There's also a Vue cinema in Cardiff which does the £4 thing but other Vue's still charge £9 per movie, not sure why but i aint complaining.

It's because Premiere opened up in Cardiff offering £4 tickets and I think the other local cinemas saw their attendance levels drop through the floor so had to lower their ticket prices to compete. If you don't have a competing cinema nearby offering tickets at less than half your prices, you don't need to lower them.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Au said:

It's because Premiere opened up in Cardiff offering £4 tickets and I think the other local cinemas saw their attendance levels drop through the floor so had to lower their ticket prices to compete. If you don't have a competing cinema nearby offering tickets at less than half your prices, you don't need to lower them.

We had the first Premier in Romford. They opened up an unused Odeon which had closed 13 years earlier. The Vue competed by offering a Family ticket for £20, but that was it. Now they may have to do something as the Premier Cinema is refurbishing all their seats to bring it up to speed (previously the only new equipment was projectors and screens. Everything else was left from when Odeon had it. Its always been busy though despite the crapier seats. They also have no issue with bringing your own popcorn and drinks, but as their prices for that are so cheap we would buy theirs anyway.

Only thing I miss from moving out of the area tbh.

• Paid Members

It could be because I have an Unlimited card and only go to Cineworld, where their concessions are stupid expensive even with the unlimited discount, but I've never had any trouble bringing my own food/drinks in. Is this a thing?

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Au said:

It could be because I have an Unlimited card and only go to Cineworld, where their concessions are stupid expensive even with the unlimited discount, but I've never had any trouble bringing my own food/drinks in. Is this a thing?

I also now have an Unlimited card (as that is now my nearest). A lot of cinemas often have signs up saying they can conduct bag searches  and you are not allowed to bring in your own food and drink, but seldom have I seen it enforced.