General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• Paid Members

There's a Tesco round the corner from the Cinewold near me so I usually just walk in just holding whatever I've bought and no one's ever mentioned anything. Just had a look on their website and it says no hot food or alcohol allowed so i guess everything else is fine.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Au said:

It's because Premiere opened up in Cardiff offering £4 tickets and I think the other local cinemas saw their attendance levels drop through the floor so had to lower their ticket prices to compete. If you don't have a competing cinema nearby offering tickets at less than half your prices, you don't need to lower them.

makes sense, the other one which dropped their prices is Merthyr, they don't have a competing cinema and still dropped their prices...like i said though, can't complain.

My local cinema is run by a guy with a Wolf dog and a few kids he employs. I'd feel really shitty going down B and M to stock up before paying him £3 or £4 to watch the newest films out. Popcorn and a can of Pepsi is less than £2 anyway.

We don't get any of those prices in Glasgow.

Then again Glasgow is one of the best cities in the UK, I can understand why the prices haven't been lowered. Speaking of B&M, what a Pick N Mix they have. The one in my local is behind a wire rack and it's facing down the aisle. You've no idea how many blocks of fudge and fizzy strawberries I eat before filling my tub up. Then the milk cola bottles if they have them. Great stuff. Then you have your 3 cans of Pepsi for £1, The cinemas can't compete, I'd support them if they were smaller chains run by regular people but it's all these big companies and it's all about money. To this day I still can't believe what I'm seeing, grown men and women standing in line like cattle waiting on their overpriced hot dogs and ice cream. I could understand if they had kids, maybe the kids want a day out and it's pay day and you want to treat the family but all those morons that wait to pay £7.50 for a drink and popcorn and £3.50 for a wee tub of ice cream, go and sort your life out. Go and look in the mirror and get your priorities in order and stop giving them that kind of money for ice cream and drinks and it's over £3 for a hot dog. People these days have too much money.

4 hours ago, scotswizard said:

We don't get any of those prices in Glasgow.

Then again Glasgow is one of the best cities in the UK, I can understand why the prices haven't been lowered. Speaking of B&M, what a Pick N Mix they have. The one in my local is behind a wire rack and it's facing down the aisle. You've no idea how many blocks of fudge and fizzy strawberries I eat before filling my tub up. Then the milk cola bottles if they have them. Great stuff. Then you have your 3 cans of Pepsi for £1, The cinemas can't compete, I'd support them if they were smaller chains run by regular people but it's all these big companies and it's all about money. To this day I still can't believe what I'm seeing, grown men and women standing in line like cattle waiting on their overpriced hot dogs and ice cream. I could understand if they had kids, maybe the kids want a day out and it's pay day and you want to treat the family but all those morons that wait to pay £7.50 for a drink and popcorn and £3.50 for a wee tub of ice cream, go and sort your life out. Go and look in the mirror and get your priorities in order and stop giving them that kind of money for ice cream and drinks and it's over £3 for a hot dog. People these days have too much money.

You are the absolute last person to call anyone a moron since you openly admitted to stealing sweets while shopping. 

• Paid Members

Unfortunately these cinema chains are justified charging what they do for food and drink. They make very little from the actual price of the cinema ticket.

So next time you see those families paying over the odds for a tub of popcorn and an ice cream, be thankful they are as it's them who's keeping the company in business in order to screen the films you are watching. 

I don't begrudge giving them a couple of quid for an ice cream. I more than get my moneys worth for my Unlimited card, obviously it's release dependent so there will be times where we're not that fussed about much but there have been days where me and my friend have seen three films in a day so giving Cineworld £3 between films for 7/8 hours entertainment is a small price to pay to keep the place going.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

I have just seen Baby Driver

It is everything you want it to be and more. Very cleverly put together, the car chases are amazing. It is like a cross between Drive, The Blues Brothers, The Fast and The Furious (the good bits) with a cracking soundtrack and great cast. Deserves to be a massive hit.

• Paid Members

Daniel Day-Lewis quits being an actor for some reason..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40349669

Loved him in the cracking "My Beautiful Laundrette" and "In the Name of the Father". Everybody could spout lines out of that fucking film. Not an actor I've seen a lot.

It'll probably be a "never say never" situation though.

Edited by bAzTNM#1