General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• Paid Members

Speaking of probable flops, look at this:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meg_(film)

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to it and I'm sure it will be terrific fun and I'll watch anything with Jason Statham in it.

But $150 million?! With no major A-list stars on board? Nor a marquee director? Warner have gone fucking nuts.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Speaking of probable flops, look at this:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meg_(film)

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to it and I'm sure it will be terrific fun and I'll watch anything with Jason Statham in it.

But $150 million?! With no major A-list stars on board? Nor a marquee director? Warner have gone fucking nuts.

That's one of those fillms that's been knocking around for about 20 years and looked like it would never get made. I wonder if half that budget is production costs for previous goes at it, like how Superman Returns got billed for the costs of the aborted Tim Burton/Nic Cage version.

• Paid Members

Really wanted to see Meg when it was first announced many years ago.  Still fancy it but not sure what it will offer more than the giant shark attack movies that were the rage a few years ago.

• Paid Members

Bloody hell, just tried to book tickets to see Mindhorn at my local cineworld (unlimited holder), nearest one showing it is over 20 miles (and well over an hour on public transport) to see it.

may have to go see GotG again

• Paid Members

I don't think Edge Of Tomorrow was underrated, it was well received across the board, just slightly mis-marketed which is why it didn't do quite as well at the box office as expected. They tried to address that for the DVD release and sales were more on target as a result.

I thought they should do a prequel spin-off focusing on Emily Blunt's previous campaigns and it sounds like that's what they may be going for. Not sure how Tom Cruise would fit into that story but it's Tom, he'll be fine.

• Paid Members

The first (Edge of Tomorrow) is one of the best Sci Fi action films I've seen in years. It truly is fucking tremendous. Blunt and Cruise are amazing together.

I was one of the those people who didn't see it on it's initial release and only got around to watching it on DVD. I won't be making the same mistake again.

With Doug Liman coming back to direct the sequel my hopes are extremely high for it.

Edited by lambyUK

10 hours ago, Nick Soapdish said:

Bloody hell, just tried to book tickets to see Mindhorn at my local cineworld (unlimited holder), nearest one showing it is over 20 miles (and well over an hour on public transport) to see it.

may have to go see GotG again

It's going to be on Netflix on 12th May.