General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• Paid Members

Is anyone aware of any recent updates regarding Iannucci's new film Death of Stalin?

Really can't wait for this, sounds like it's going to be great. Great line up too.

Based on the book/real events regarding the power struggle in the crem following Stalins death.. but with robots.

Also heard Chris Morris is working on something new, apparently a film but its all very hush hush. I'm hoping for something so politically offensive that he needs to keep it quiet until release for his own safety. Either way, if its due next year, its safe to say there are 2 films im giddy about.

• Paid Members

Oh, the Coin-Op game was tremendous!!

I remember getting Aliens for the C64 at Christmas and I was so excited and giddy but it was a load of gik (The US version wasn't bad though). I forced myself into trying to enjoy it through the hurt and confusion because love will do that to you.

Not unlike a poxy fake nailed finger rooting for your g-spot.

• Paid Members

It was nothing short of diabolica, D-Mal.

Looking at it now, I feel even worse for the superfans (for want of a term) of the flick like ourselves who had to play this cunt on a ZX Spectrum.

That was me......

• Awards Moderator

Here's one, is there a film he's not the best thing in? He even steals Casulties of War in what I think is his first role. It's certainly one of them at least.

Boogie Nights. Julianne Moore takes that honour. He's the best thing in Magnolia and that's some achievement.

And I can't be arsed going back to quote it but Scott Malbranque saying Goodfellas is shite is a clear indication that Everton FC has destroyed his brain. Lunacy.

Edited by Frankie Crisp

• Paid Members

It was nothing short of diabolica, D-Mal.

Looking at it now, I feel even worse for the superfans (for want of a term) of the flick like ourselves who had to play this cunt on a ZX Spectrum.

That was me......

And me :(

I've set up a retro pi and got the holy grail of aliens games in Aliens vs Predator the coin-op. Now that's a game!

Oh, the Coin-Op game was tremendous!!

I remember getting Aliens for the C64 at Christmas and I was so excited and giddy but it was a load of gik (The US version wasn't bad though). I forced myself into trying to enjoy it through the hurt and confusion because love will do that to you.

Not unlike a poxy fake nailed finger rooting for your g-spot.

I got it free on zzap 64.