General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• Paid Members

Boogie Nights wins the PTA competition, doesn't it? Possibly my favouirte ensemble film ever and John C. Reilly is amazing in it.

John C. Reilly was arguably the only good thing about The Lobster as well. Especially the bit with the toaster.

• Paid Members

Here's one, is there a film he's not the best thing in? He even steals Casulties of War in what I think is his first role. It's certainly one of them at least.

He was the only reason worth sitting through The Hours as well. But with Hard Eight you get him AND Philip Baker Hall, which is an absolute dream team of character acting.

• 4 weeks later...

Such a simple trailer, yet completely does its job. The only thing that concerns me about this film Jared Leto's inclusion, as I look forward to hearing about his months of role preparation and method acting for what will hopefully only be a minor part.

IMDB Best of 2016 list is a right laugh:

1) Suicide Squad

2) Captain America: Civil War

3) Batman v Superman:Dawn of Justice

4) Deadpool

5) X-Men: Apocalypse

6) The Jungle Book

7) The Magnificant Seven

8) Ghostbusters

9) Warcraft:The Beginning

10) The Legend of Tarzan

Now I know IMDB isn't exactly a barometer of quality much like Lords of Pain, but that has to be some sort of joke, surely

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Denis Villeneuve won't put up with Leto's shite. He'll knock him into shape.

I'd urge anyone who has any doubts about Blade Runner 2049 to go and watch some of Villeneuve's early stuff. Aside from Maelstrom, it's all extraordinary. It's in the best hands around right now.

Wyatt Mask, who voted in that IMDB list? It can't be based on IMDB ratings, seeing as Suicide Squad has a 6.4/10 on their website.

I've just noticed a disclaimer that reads:

This list comprises the top ten movies released in 2016 that were most consistently popular with IMDB users according to MovieMeter. These ratings are not based upon critical assessments, box office performance but on pageviews of our combined web and mobile audience of over 250 million users