Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members

Anti depressants always take time and you're right, 

Doctors always say that, but I've found that they never work. Go for a bit of councilling. Always keep on the go too. Boredom used to make me feel even worse and make my mind race. I used to just keep on trying to make a list of my DVDs, for example. I also bought a cheap bike. It might help.

You won't get it prescribed anymore but I always found Tramadol to be a good anti-depressant. It's mostly an anti-depressant anyway of the SNRI type. One of them a day used to work.

p.s. Keep off the booze. That'll make you feel more depressed.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank-you to those who have replied here and in PM's. It really means a lot.

I know it will take time but at the moment,I'm fucked. I'm stuck in a situation where no matter what I do, I'm damned or I feel that way.

I'll keep on trucking though.

• Paid Members

King Coco is your man, Tommy!

Fantastic, thankyou.

I'll drop him a pm tomorrow. I believe I've understood the implications correctly but want to double check with the more worldly wise.

Feel free. I'm here all day.

A pm should be with you.

My sister, who is a few years younger than me, has quite severe learning difficulties to the point where she essentially has the mind of an early teenager. She is ridiculously vulnerable due to this and her on/off boyfriend keeps dumping her, getting off with other girls, and then getting back with her. Again, she's too vulnerable to realise he's doing anything wrong.

Tonight he's asked her back out after dumping her for the 7th or 8th time in the space of about 3 months, and obviously she's said yes. I've given her a bollocking because she's as much to blame as he is.

How do I approach telling him to back the fuck off without actually implying violence? I mean, I'm not actually going to beat the fuck out of him or anything, he's only 19. I just want to let him know how much of a cunt he is and that he needs to stay the fuck away.

Tl;dr - what's the easiest way to beat up a 19 year old?

That sound like a fucking horrible situation. Maybe have a word with him asking what his intentions are, as you are close to your sister and sees how upset she can get. Although reading that back, it isn't implying violence, but incest.

Seriously, it's good you're looking out for her.

• Paid Members

"Tell me, what's so enjoyable about taking advantage of my sister's mental impairment? I'm just curious as everyone I know said that they'd kick your fucking head in if you were doing it to their little sister".

• Paid Members

That's tricky mate, speaking to him may piss your sister off, especially if you think it's unlikely she will understand or recognise you're looking out for her.

Although you have bollocked her, it's clearly a case of her feeling that she is wanted and that prick is playing on it.

Is there a family member, such as a cousin who isn't as close to her who could send a polite warning his way, keeping you out of the firing line?

That's a corker surf

• Paid Members

What's wrong with implying violence? Sounds like this guy could use having the threat of a kicking hsnging over him.

Jesus, you get some ink and you turn into Tattman

What's wrong with implying violence? Sounds like this guy could use having the threat of a kicking hsnging over him.

Jesus, you get some ink and you turn into Tattman

Any phone experts on here?

I've got an iPhone 4 which won't charge so as a temporary solution I've dug out my kid's old iPhone 4 as a replacement. Swapped her SIM for mine and thought everything would be ok. Turns out hers is locked to EE so I swapped the SIMs back and just planned on using her old phone, with her SIM. Problem is now when I turn her phone on it says no signal and when I try to manually select a network it says restricted network access. I've done some reading online and allegedly it's a fault with the iPhone 4 and seems to happen a lot when SIMs are removed. Any idea how to fix it or is it knackered now?

One of my friends on Instagram smokes a lot of pot, and on every pot related post he keeps asking people to send him "slaps" - what does that mean?

People who bang on about smoking pot like it makes them cool and interesting generally do need a slap. Is he inviting an orderly queue?

Archived