Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members

You could really learn about the Dark Web and get Alprazolam (Xanax) really easily. I got a batch next day delivery a few days ago. Probably the only drug that has ever calmed me down. Valium doesn't do it. Surprising amount of U.K. sellers on there.

Look into it (really look into it. I had to take a few days to figure it out) and use http://www.bittylicious.com for your coins. Use the "Dream Market" when you finally get your coins, but there are a few steps before that. I might write up an easy guide later on..

I feel no shame. I've got an anxiety disorder. I'm getting what I would be getting in America.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Cheers bud. Reddit was my first port of call, but unfortunately their stream of the Rams game required vpn / US location. I ended up following Twitter and other live written coverage and watching the highlights after.... Wasn't quite the same!

Still, nice for the Rams to win their first home and even if the offense still stinks at least the defense got their shit together since last week

Anyone with experience writing a screenplay? And not in the "I'm a writer, moi" sense where you just sit in Starbucks all day behind a laptop, wearing a beret because you don't have anything better to do with your time. I mean, actually written a screenplay and had something done with it, whether used, or at least sent out to people who might be bothered with using it for something. I had a dream the other night so fucked up it needs writing down and a script seems like the best option instead of a novel. I know there's all sorts of weird unwritten rules around formatting and so on, just need some pointers on where to start, any reading material or websites to look on for pointers. I used to know a kid who started off making a few short films and is now reasonably successful but he's a twat so I don't want to ask him and most of you lot aren't.

• Paid Members

I did an MA in screenwriting a few years back, so I've written quite a few screenplays, although none have actually become finished productions with the exception of a few short films. But if you just want the basics and to self teach I'd say you want to have a look at:

Screenplay by Syd Haig

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Screenplay-Foundations-Screenwriting-Step-Step/dp/0385339038

Save the Cat by Blake Snyder

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Save-Cat-Only-Screenwriting-Youll/dp/1932907009/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1474299963&sr=1-1&keywords=save+the+cat

There are loads of books out there, but these two are the most helpful I think.

I'm after a pair of white bluetooth headphones for my missus. Can anyone recommend a pair? Looking to pay up to £30-£40. They don't have to be spectacular, as long as its a decent sound and they fit well. She had a pair that didn't quite fit her and there was a gap between the earphone and her ear at the bottom.

Anyone know how to get broadband activated in a new home ASAP? I'm moving tomorrow and signed up with Sky a couple of weeks ago with the provision I would have Internet by today, but yesterday I got a letter from them saying it won't be until October 12th. As a student who needs constant access to module information online and someone who works part time online I can't afford to be without Internet for that long. They claim this is the quickest Openreach can set things up, but I'm sure I saw something last week about an Openreach quick activation (ie within a few days) at a cost that I can't find now.

Anyone know how to get broadband activated in a new home ASAP? I'm moving tomorrow and signed up with Sky a couple of weeks ago with the provision I would have Internet by today, but yesterday I got a letter from them saying it won't be until October 12th. As a student who needs constant access to module information online and someone who works part time online I can't afford to be without Internet for that long. They claim this is the quickest Openreach can set things up, but I'm sure I saw something last week about an Openreach quick activation (ie within a few days) at a cost that I can't find now.

I've not heard of Openreach doing a chargeable quick activation although to be fair I work on the business side of telecoms, not residential. You'd be best asking if they're able to fast-track the order but it sounds like it's to do with a delay on the line installation which might be more of a pain to bring forward.

Archived