Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members

One of my friends on Instagram smokes a lot of pot, and on every pot related post he keeps asking people to send him "slaps" - what does that mean?

People who bang on about smoking pot like it makes them cool and interesting generally do need a slap. Is he inviting an orderly queue?

Well ive had a look through his photos and it looks like it could be some sort of sticker or something from other really cool people who smoke it.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get TVCatchup running and screenshot it when you appear?

Also, where would be the best place to buy novelty Christmas jumpers?  I want something with wrestling or The Simpsons on it in the style of this -

classic-sonic-christmas-jumper-3-800x800

I love the Sonic one but its £35, which seems a bit much to spend on something I'll wear for two or three days a year.

What is the name of the classical music piece which Sky is using in one of their Football packages/upgrades.  It is a well known tune and has a apocalyptic edge to it. There is a vocal "ahhhh" which repeats itself fifteen times then a four or five striking drum beat.  

Sods law dictates I now can't find the fucking think on YouTube.

thanks in advance

Classical composers really let themselves down by not recording lyrics on their tracks, so people could at least google them to find out what title they need to type into iTunes. Vangelis and Bach should've realised that not everyone can be bothered with Shazam.

Anti depressants always take time and you're right,

Doctors always say that, but I've found that they never work.

I have good results with them as long as they're not SSRI types, they make me worse!

Out of interest how did you go about getting prescribed a non ssri? I've been prescribed various ssris over the years and non seem to work varying from simply making me completely tired to fluxotine making me think up various ways of ending it all. A friend in the past has given me valium and alprazolam which seem to help in a way nothing else had but I've never actually been able to bring that up with a doctor for fear of them thinking I'm a junkie after a fix.

What is the name of the classical music piece which Sky is using in one of their Football packages/upgrades. It is a well known tune and has a apocalyptic edge to it. There is a vocal "ahhhh" which repeats itself fifteen times then a four or five striking drum beat.

Sods law dictates I now can't find the fucking think on YouTube.

thanks in advance

Are they still using the music off the old episode guide? The first one on here, if it's the one I think you might be on about.

• Paid Members

I have good results with them as long as they're not SSRI types, they make me worse!

Out of interest how did you go about getting prescribed a non ssri? I've been prescribed various ssris over the years and non seem to work varying from simply making me completely tired to fluxotine making me think up various ways of ending it all. A friend in the past has given me valium and alprazolam which seem to help in a way nothing else had but I've never actually been able to bring that up with a doctor for fear of them thinking I'm a junkie after a fix.

Be honest with them mate, its not a junkie thing at all. If you have tried something and it works its only resonable to suggest it

Cheers I'm getting mixed up fluxotine made me tired it was venlafaxine that was utterly horrendous. I haven't been on anything for the last year after my experience with that drug and I don't get on with the cognitive behaviour therapy. I can manage with nothing but I'd prefer to not worry constantly when I know there's something that would help. Suppose I'll have to book an appointment.

• Paid Members

Be honest with them mate, its not a junkie thing at all. If you have tried something and it works its only resonable to suggest it

This. Some doctors don't like you coming in with suggestions for treatment but in general I think they're open to hearing about what hasn't worked and what you feel may work. In conjunction with their own expertise they can then make a judgement on if something like that would benefit. I went right in before and said I wanted to try out sertraline because other stuff hadn't worked.

Alprazolam is I believe not available on an NHS prescription. I think you'd have to get a private prescription for that but don't quote me.

Archived