Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just saw one of those prank type videos on Facebook from that Brad Holmes and his girlfriend and it got me thinking. Do these people make money from video views on Facebook? I know you can get ad revenue from Youtube hits but Facebook doesnt seem to run ads before videos. Some of these get millions of hits per video and they keep making them so there must be something in it for them surely?

• Awards Moderator

I just saw one of those prank type videos on Facebook from that Brad Holmes and his girlfriend and it got me thinking. Do these people make money from video views on Facebook? I know you can get ad revenue from Youtube hits but Facebook doesnt seem to run ads before videos. Some of these get millions of hits per video and they keep making them so there must be something in it for them surely?

Not yet. Facebook are currently testing mid-roll ads, but there's no rush for them. They'd rather people adopt the video / live system and get used to it before monetising.

• Paid Members

My (admittedly cheap) Asus notebook has died. Well, it turns on but nothing happens. Just the charging led and the lightbulb led turn on. At first it acts like it'll boot, then just doesn't. Any ideas? I'm thinking it's fucked.

• Paid Members

Nothing happens on screen but I connected it up to my PC monitor and nothing came up either. I've heard this is an issue that has arisen with Asus in the past and you have to remove the battery and shit but my battery is not removeable unless I take a screwdriver to it.

What's the best place for flights? I'm wanting to go to Amsterdam so if anybody has tips, cheers!

Skyscanner is the best price comparison site for flights, but if you're on a budget you can take a Eurostar train from St Pancras or a Megabus coach. I'd strongly advise against the latter of course.

Nothing happens on screen but I connected it up to my PC monitor and nothing came up either. I've heard this is an issue that has arisen with Asus in the past and you have to remove the battery and shit but my battery is not removeable unless I take a screwdriver to it.

Have you tried booting it in safe mode? Twat F8 repeatedly after switching it on and you should get the options to open in safe mode.

Archived