Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get off the Champix Pat and find something else to use to quit smoking, I worked at a Smoking Cessation Clinic for a few months and in that short period I was amazed how many people I talked to had suicidal tendencies whilst taking it.

It sounds like you have enough drama in your life, the Champix will just add to it.    

One trick that helped me give up smoking was smoking cigarettes I didn't like (i.e. menthols and rollies). I enjoyed Marlboro Lights too much to just give up straight away, so I smoked roll ups and menthols for a couple of weeks. You get to the point where you just have a couple of tokes and throw the rest. Didn't take long for me to have cut down enough to just stop altogether. Recommend it to anyone who doesn't want to go the Champix, Nicorette, or vape route.

Edit: FWIW, I didn't mind roll-ups as a rule but I bought brands I didn't like.

Cheers guys. I've been booted out of the Smoking Cessation Service, so am off the Champix anyway. Buggering about with your mood receptors whilst smothering the nicotine cravings, only other time I've ever felt anything like that whilst on pills was on Tamiflu, whenever the Swine Flu Scare was in full swing, and that was depressing enough.

Steak, I went cold turkey for 3 years, but only started again after a relationship breakdown umpteen years ago. I already dont like the taste or the smell and it's habit more than anything at this point. Stop Smoking, did say that you have the basics and when stress has been lowered, will find it easier to quit again. However, I do like your way of thinking on that so shall give it a go.

• Paid Members

I've been using that for years, works fine for me. You could also mix it up with NoScript but that's a little fiddly.

Thanks dude. A couple of sites I use have started having the pop up video banners down the bottom of the page and it really started to annoy me.

• Paid Members

I'm currently sat in the drop in centre having woken up this mourning with my neck and throat all swollen up, causing me to sound like Phonejacker when I speak.

Is this likely to be related to my petrol sucking shenanigans that I mentioned in the TIL thread or have I just got something like tonsil cancer?

Archived