Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I intend on getting a PS4 if I see a good deal on Black Friday.

I see there are 500BG versions and 1TB versions available with over £100 difference in cost.

What is the difference for a part-time gamer such as I?

I only ever play 3 or 4 games at any one time, so I doubt I would need the extra memory. But does that come into play when using it for other stuff like Netflix & WWE Network?

Thanks.

• Paid Members

Yeah if you are a casual gamer go for the 500GB. Im quite a serious gamer and I get on ok with 500GB. You can always delete old game data (not saves, your saves stay on the system) to free up space (and re-install it again if you want to play the game again)

• Paid Members

I don't know for definite, but I assume you upload your saves to the cloud, change the hard drives, and download your saves from the cloud. You would need to reinstall the game data to your new hard drive when you load the disc.

Data like your profile and trophies etc are in the cloud I think (when I log in to my brothers PS4 all that info comes up)

• Paid Members

how can i make more friends without, um, leaving the house?

Im about as social as a plum, i do not like being social...

Honestly, I think that is a big ask. That's not to say you cant get to know people online before taking the plunge, but an IRL meeting will likely be on the cards at some point.

Find an interest and get involved online, you'll chat and then naturally meet up at an event. The ice is broken and you obviously share a common ground.

That's what some one tried to do for me when I was a bit squiffy, and exactly the sort of thing I did for a few social things I do now.

By knowing we are all there for the same thing (and they are comfortable with me as we got on on the net) it's far more comfortable an evening untill I'm pissed and making a fool of myself.

• Awards Moderator

Surely the new HD needs the OS on there first. You can't just bang a new one in and away you go?

There is a ROM chip with the important stuff in any console. Enough to boot and get the OS unpacked.

I'm looking out for a decent PS4 deal too. Note that Argos are selling the 1TB model at the same price as the 500GB right now.

Archived