Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Hey folks, in expecting a few bob in iTunes vouchers over the Xmas period and wondered if anyone on here knew a way of making purchases from the US iTunes Store?

I've googled it, and there's lots of complicated workarounds, just curious as to whether anyone here has done it, whether it worked and whether it was worth the faffing.

• Paid Members

ELI5 the gender pay gap please.

I had just kind of come to accept that there was a gender pay gap because I'd just always heard there was. Then I did some reading and some other people say that when you take into account a whole bunch of other stuff, actually there is no gender pay gap. But then I read somewhere else that I'm a "fucking sexist fuckhead" for thinking that maybe this whole gender pay gap thing isn't as straightforward as I had been led to believe.

So who here knows quite a lot about it? If someone could go ahead and maybe give me something solid here.

There's this Maddox article/video that you may have seen: http://thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=hire_women

And he quotes a ton of articles with legit research that backs up that theory. I just don't think it's as cut and dried as "gender pay gap" though, but it's tricky to argue it dispassionately or without sounding like an MRA.

• Paid Members

Anyone remember the name of the anthology show (at least I think it was an anthology show, and this wasn't a one-off/part of an ongoing series) which ends with the boy trapped in a mirror. It's from the 70s, I think.

I've got vague, vague memories of this, and it being proper scary. I would have been pretty young, so early 80s.

I'll get my thinking cap on.

Archived