Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Random question folks, did anyone here go to the Chiefs Lions game on Sunday? If so, did any of you happen to buy a match day programme?

If so, could someone please scan and send me a copy of this spread please...

CS1IFkXWUAA3iT5.jpg

It'll be insignificant to anyone other than me, but the bottom image on the right hand side is a screen shot of the website I built for the Bury Saints, and for it to feature, however small, in an NFL publication is amazing to me - I know i'm not name dropped or anything, but i'd still love to read the article, which sadly, due to years of self abuse, I can't from the image I was tweeted above.

• Paid Members

The latest android update is eating the living shit out of my Moto G's battery so I'm looking into getting one of those powerbanks, anyone know a good cheapish one? I would have gotten a free EE one but they were recalled or something, blowing up.

Yeah they were overheating. Also they got a load of shit for not pointing out that they weren't free and you had to return them by a certain point or you got charged.

I got a decent one off Amazon for a plane journey a few weeks ago. I'll find out what model it was.

Random question folks, did anyone here go to the Chiefs Lions game on Sunday? If so, did any of you happen to buy a match day programme?

If so, could someone please scan and send me a copy of this spread please...

Just asked my mate who went but unfortunately he didn't get a programme. It might be worth contacting NFL UK to see if you can buy one as they are bound to have a load ready to be pulped.

• Paid Members

I got comped two copies as I was technically an employee; drop me your email in a PM and I'll sort it tomorrow.

... and give me the CD comp you owe me from 4 years ago :p

• Paid Members

I was there but didn't get a programme - but I know a man who did! Leave it with me.

Oh you lovely so and so you!  Thanks chief!

I got comped two copies as I was technically an employee; drop me your email in a PM and I'll sort it tomorrow.

... and give me the CD comp you owe me from 4 years ago :p

Top man, thank you so much.  Really appreciate it mate!!  Tragically, i have absolutely no recollection of that, but you have simultaneously reminded me that I still owe King Coconut a copy of Commando for winning the rap battle a few years ago!  I'll put both of those right for Christmas.

Ive got a man in the BBC on it too :)

Thanks Maj!  The more leads the merrier :-D

is Imax wortth the money? I am bit(big) of a cheapskate and while imax looks good on the websites, i am not sold

I'm going to go ahead and assume you're thinking about buying a ticket for Star Wars the Force awakens on the IMAX screen. The simplest thing I can say is that for any film which has had IMAX scenes filmed, it's always very much impressed me. My understanding is that Star Wars 7 has had some scenes filmed in IMAX, so it's probably worth a bash.

• Paid Members

And it's cancelled

Poop. I was actually asking for my brother as he was flying back to Heathrow from the States. Did they get you on another flight?

Yeah, 7:00 the next day.

I got back home (faster than people got hotels) by midnight and was up at 4:30 to catch a 5:30 taxi back to the airport.

Flybe paid for the taxis and the poor 4some behind the counter looked about ready fall down trying to organise everything. Flights were pulled to Germany, Amsterdam and Belfast and they had shipped people in from earlier cancelations' at Manchester and east midlands.

I missed half a day of meetings and just about fell asleep in the second.

Just got back now and my taxi was picking up 3, me and two others from the company on a separate trip, has driven off with only those two.

Archived