Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

A quick google has thrown up an article from the BBC to say that cuts to legal aid were made in 2013, and another article says more cuts in 2015.

Its still available but only under certain circumstances

In 2013 they stopped legal aid for child contact issues which i assume relates to my scenario and would explain perfectly why i havent heard anything for ages

This is what one solicitor has come back with:-

"The test for whether someone qualifies for legal aid is a two limbed test and although your son may pass the financial test he would not pass the interests of justice test, as the offences he is accused of would not be deemed serious enough to warrant a legal aid order being granted."

So I guess he can't then.

• Paid Members

I've had two citizens advice experiences, both of them inherently ridiculous, but good from their end:

1 — not me directly, but when I was a kid (about 10), my mama angrily marched into the citizens advice place in Nottingham to demand an investigation into why comic books were so expensive. Unresolved issue, I believe.

2 — Embarrassingly, I once signed up to a Jamster-style joke-telling service, without realizing that it was daily, and cost 50p a day. I tried to unsubscribe, but they'd cunningly structured their site in flash, to make it nearly impossible to read the unsubscribe email, and they didn't pick up the phone. Thankfully, my old job required a jeweler's loupe sometimes, so I was able to manually magnify the email, and after two unresponsive email attempts, copy in my angry third email to Newham citizens advice — got an unsubscribe response, and a refund, within ten minutes.

• Paid Members

Can anybody help?

Open internet browser (Explorer or Chrome) and type in a web address it claims to be "waiting for said website" then doesn't load and reads...

This page can't be displayed

- Make sure address is correct
- Use your search engine
- Refresh in a few minutes

All other computers in house seem to be working and if I try Twitter it works straight away. Got on Ukff via a Twitter link so that worked too.

Archived