Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members

Watch Battle Beyond the Stars, The last Starfighter, and the original Battlestar Galactica series instead.

And Ice Pirates.

I've no idea if it's aged well, but I remember liking it as a kid. Starcrash is another one I have good memories of.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

In case anyone was curious about what I went with for a story idea in the end, there is a rally against TTIP at Conway Hall on Saturday and John McDonnell and Natalie Bennett will be speaking at it. Also Bennett has agreed to chat with me for a few minutes so I can ask her some questions and get some quotes. I think that ought to be good.

As an adult it probably doesn't matter what order you watch the Star Wars films in because unless you fell in love with them as a child, they're fucking rubbish. There's a cut-off point (puberty) and you're knackered if you don't watch them in time. I found this out when the DVD boxset was released.

• Paid Members

Cheeky Bastard time: Ive got an 11 hour flight on Monday and have a few books to read but does anyone have any suggestions for decent books, wrestling or otherwise that are worth reading?. Also anyone that has pdf versions of any wrestling books they'd like to send my way will go top of my christmas card list!

Cheeky Bastard time: Ive got an 11 hour flight on Monday and have a few books to read but does anyone have any suggestions for decent books, wrestling or otherwise that are worth reading?. Also anyone that has pdf versions of any wrestling books they'd like to send my way will go top of my christmas card list!

What sort of books do you like?

• Paid Members

No pdf docs I'm afraid but I loved reading A Clockwork Orange and Red Dragon.

I know they are well known, but if you've not read them I think they are well worth it.

I am looking into adding some extra RAM to my pc, i currently have 3GB ram and 2 slots taken up, with 2 slots remianing, would i be able to add to it in those 2 slots without screwing anything up?

just looking to add another 1gb of ram

I ran belarc advisor but it does not tell my what type of ram i use, but i will opne up my pc later and have a look

Crucial's pretty good, especially if you've got the model name: http://uk.crucial.com/gbr/en?gclid=CI_9k8S2uMgCFUsYGwodmEQLrA&cm_mmc=google-_-uk-_-brand-_-null&ef_id=UvpqUAAABRWTtkPY:20151010172720:s there's a system scanner as well but I've not tried that.

Oh and ram can be fiddly as there's different types that can't work together, so it may be better if you just buy 2 x 4GB sticks and get rid of the old stuff.

• Paid Members

Having a lip sync battle night at a friends party. Any suggestions welcome as most of my karaoke hits are quite obscure.

What the fuck is a lip sync battle? Competitive karaoke, but where you mime?

Archived