Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) I'm guessing booze?

2) it's probably fused the minijack socket so it thinks there's constantly headphones in it. In which case you'll have to get that replaced.

Thanks for your response.  We've tried the sim in another phone and it works, so it seems the phone is fucked which is what I feared.  Conveniently, her iPad also broke down two days after this, so that'll be a fun trip to the Apple store.

"I put my sister's phone in the microwave, but the broken iPad has nothing do with that, honest."

• Paid Members

Hey guys. So, as some of you will be aware, I've just started a journalism degree. One of our first assignments is to go out and bring back a story (shock, horror). I was thinking of covering an event, but I'm really looking for something with some conflict, where I could get opposing quotes and everything. Does anyone know of any demonstrations or marches or anything of that nature going on in the London area this weekend? Or, if you'd like to steer me towards something cool I could cover or follow up on, I'd be open to that. Cheers.

• Paid Members

Yeah, indeed. At this point, I'm probably going to go to the Haringey Council Adults and Health scrutiny panel at the town hall on Monday. There might be quite a few things there that I'd be able to write up for a local paper. But I was hoping to find something a little less dry!

• Paid Members

He was pretty specific that it had to be 'hard' news. And we're doing a specific week or two on sports reporting in a few weeks.

I've now discovered a 3rd Heathrow Runway protest in Parliament Square next weekend and a rally against TTIP, with speaker John McDonnell, also next weekend. That TTIP one could be good.

• Paid Members

Well, my girlfriend is currently trying to convince me that we should get a Megabus to Manchester on Saturday, have a night out and then hit the Tory party conference on Sunday, where the TUC are having a demonstration.

I am not a diagnosed Coeliac, but it can be so that you have it, but not quite enough for it to show up on a blood test

I still abide by a GF, lactose free and milk free diet while also abiding by a fodmap diet approach due to my ailments

Have you have a blood test for coeliac?

If insane stomach cramps/bloating and weight loss are a main symptom, food intolerances are almost a certain thing as this is/was my main symptom

I also have a hair sample test done, and it came up with various intolerances and allegies, so it may be worth getting one of those done

i have had stomach problems for around 14 years, and it has taken me that long to really get to the bottom of it and start to feel normalish again, however going out to eat and going on holidays is now a almost impossible thing

Send me a reply to this or a pm and i will be glad to help

Ralphy, just seen this will PM you 

• Paid Members

Well, my girlfriend is currently trying to convince me that we should get a Megabus to Manchester on Saturday, have a night out and then hit the Tory party conference on Sunday, where the TUC are having a demonstration.

That'd certainly look impressive when discussing your work. Plus, Manchester is a great place to spend a weekend.

Best of luck, Jobber. I hope you succeed.

Anyone know of a website where I can identify footballers autographs? Years ago (around 2007) my (now ex) girlfriend got me an Arsenal shirt signed by the whole team. It got buried in a cupboard for years and now I've rediscovered it and wanna frame it and put it on the wall. I obviously know the squad from back then and I've identified a few of the signatures (some players are helpful and put their shirt number as well!) but there's still a fair few I have no idea who they are.

Archived