Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Moderators

Can't answer that, but as regards your half brother, good on you for taking the time to support him. Can't be easy for either of you - it's obviously dragging up some issues for you.

But regardless of whether or not he feels like family to you, he's a guy having a tough time and you are in a unique position to help him get through it just because of who you are.

Good luck with it!

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator

Can someone recommend a good distance leaning course for sql for excel and servers and that whole bag.

I'm the most basic of basic on it, real starting as a novice stuff

Get a good SQL level down first. SQL Zoo is an amazing site for learning SQL, I wish I'd thought of it.

After that injecting it into Excel with VBA is two or three lines of code. If you need it I can share it with you.

You might also want to look at the Power Query add-in for Excel 2010+ (free). Depends on your use case.

Which march?

From 12 at Marble Arch on Downing Street in support of action for refugees. I think Corbyn is supposed to be addressing the crowd as well.

As well if you like your street food, and you're around Southbank, check out the little market underneath/behind Southbank centre. Or Borough Market, better than just going to a restaurant.

• Paid Members

Surf, if you've got any interest in fashion then the V&A have a decent exhibition called Shoes: Pleasure and Pain. It's only an hour but there are some wonderful items on display and an interesting section on design philosophy.

If you're a fan of The Jam, Somerset House has an excellent exhibition with a huge archive of items, pictures, costumes etc.

Edit: Photographers' Gallery in Soho has a fantastic exhibition from Shirley Baker (might have the name wrong)that focuses on Manchester's attempts to clear it's slums in the 60's and 70's. I saw it yesterday and really enjoyed it.

• Paid Members

As well if you like your street food.

Now there's a phrase I loathe, it's up there with "craft" beer.
Sorry!!! No idea what else to call it. Prepared on the pavement food stalls? ;)
It's not a dig at you, it's just my personal distaste for phrases which lack clear definition and limits in it's marketing and use by the general public.

Edit: A thanks to Oynx, those are a big help, absolutely fantastic.

Archived