Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members

I did mine before this minimum of thirty hours thing came in, so you'd theoretically take three weeks over my two.

I certainly benefited from doing it this way, as I was spending less time refreshing the previous lesson, and I could spend an hour hammering reversing and still have 30-45 minutes left for general driving.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

That's doable. Assuming I pick it up fast enough. The work experience starts the last week of November so I'd have basically six weeks from when I have the cash to block book the lessons and take them and the test. Hopefully can do it. Cheers for the advice.

• Paid Members

Any advice on good cheap hotel books sites? We're visiting my family in September, in Hampshire, but going to London for one day so I can catch up with some mates and my wife can go to see One Direction at the O2. Looking to get a cheap and cheerful place to lay our heads in the Greenwich area, and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations?

Has any one ever restored an old motorbike.

Is it hard to pick up the technology know how for something older for the uninitiated?

Not sure about the technology, but if you want to restore with all original parts, then be prepared to travel.

My Grandad bless him, was an absolute Triumph nut, and he would regularly be up North for days looking for original headlamps and the like.

It depends what you need it for. It's not like that pros are that much more unportable, they just weight a bit more. Especially the newer generation, since they took the optical drive out, there's hardly anything in it. If that's not an issue, go with the pro because it's just a better machine. I've always found the airs to be a bit more flakey generally.

I know this is a stupid question before I ask it.

I've had a great idea for a Halloween costume that would require me shaving my beard off. I've had a beard for 11 years and I don't want to get rid of it for a one night gag - yes, I know it'll grow back, probably quickly given how hairy I am, but it's a sacrifice I don't really want to make. I had a quick Google and couldn't find anything, so I was wondering if anyone knows if a bald cap for your face exists? It doesn't look likely, if I want to do this costume I'm probably gonna have to bite the bullet and shave, or be really stupid and hire a prosthetic makeup artist to cover it. And damn it I want to do the costume but I don't want to shave.

• Paid Members

Right lads, i'm popping the question to the missus pretty soon but i'm short of one thing; the engagement ring. This is mainly due to the cost of the bloody things. Currently, my outgoings prohibit massive amounts of spending. Does anybody have any tips or stores in general where an affordable ring can be bought without it looking like i'm a cheapskate? I think a £300 limit is what i'm after. Christ, this love thing is pretty heavy on the wallet.

Archived