Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

Brewdog while making nice beers, their pubs are a bit on the pricey side as well as their wanky market positioning as real beer for real wankers.

It does seem that you have to have a big beard with a twirly moustache to work there, but the one in Cardiff doesn't seem to attract many wankers fortunately.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Thanks for the info, it's appreciated. We're going to the match and want to be involved with the pre and post-match atmosphere, so I'll definitely use your recommendations. Cheers again!

What happened to Rugby being a wank sport? Eh? EH?

• Paid Members

Brewdog while making nice beers, their pubs are a bit on the pricey side as well as their wanky market positioning as real beer for real wankers.

Yeah, agree about that. Bloody pricey.

• Awards Moderator

Thanks for the info, it's appreciated. We're going to the match and want to be involved with the pre and post-match atmosphere, so I'll definitely use your recommendations. Cheers again!

What happened to Rugby being a wank sport? Eh? EH?
My old man's mate has boxed us off with corporate hospitality; food, drinks, a box and hopefully someone explaining what the fuck's happening on the pitch to me.

I'll no doubt be watching the footy on my phone whilst they're all playing catch, but I wasn't turning it down!

Oh and cheers to sammorgz for the extra recommendations. Ta!

• Paid Members

Brewdog is shit anywhere and everywhere.

The beer is arse water.

In what way is it arse water?

They make and sell beer that varies from a simple lager, through red ales and foreign beer styles all the way up to 15% imperial stouts that have been aged in spirit casks and beyond. They also sell guest beer from other breweries at their bars. The variety alone makes your comment nonsensical. It's like saying: "I don't like Tesco, their food tastes like rotten fish".

The pubs are over priced and pretentious.

They don't produce a good variety, they produce generic and bland beers and stick very good marketing and buzz words to them.

The "foreign beer styles" are laughable next to quality beers from Belgium, Germany and The Neatherlands.

The guest beers are, in my experience, all keg and often follow the same formula. They are better than brewdogs own but not much.

Your analogy doesn't really work, because tesco sell a huge range of product mix, brewdog sell their beer and similar from similar producers.

I find both unappealing and bland next to better quality on the wider market.

Honestly, if you think Brewdog has a wealth of variety and a good display of the beer style they market I really fucking pity you.

• Paid Members

Brewdog are great when someone else (i.e work) are paying.

I've been to a few of their bars and had some decent food and some taster flights. Their IPA is usually pretty good and hoppy as is the 5am red ale. The stouts and porters I've had have been a bit hit and miss but mostly positive. They've made a great contribution to the creation of the "craft" (I fucking hate the word) beer scene in the UK and paved way for a lot of the smaller breweries by emulating the USA west coast IPA style. They're not everyone's cup of tea but they do brew some decent beer and get people to part with their cash over and over again.

• Paid Members

All you graphic designer types. I've been asked to design some flyers/posters for a small business that my daughter works for. As I don't usually do this type of work, what's a typical amount to quote them?

Archived