Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator

I saw a presentation from Google last month that said 30 secs in Corrie costs £51,000.

Silver Vision were offered a rotating slot on Cartoon Network for £300!

Another phone question - does anybody know if it's possible to unlock an iPhone 5 without jailbreaking it?  I had the phone replaced through a third party a few months ago so O2 won't do it as it's not the original phone.

• Paid Members

Hi guys! Got a Scottish college entrance question here.

I want to do a NC course, however I already have an HND (gained in 2001). Last NC course I did was in 1997 and I got a bursary. I'm on ESA at the moment but I feel like my mental health has improved since my nephew was born and I want to start pushing myself up for him. Would I be able to get a bursary for this NC course. Thanks!

• Paid Members

It'll depend on the college, Baz, but I think you'll be okay. I was in a similar position last year and just had to write an explanation about the reason I needed to repeat the level. I went into shit loads of detail though, particularly about how the course would improve my employability but I got approved without a problem.

After a rather bizarre 10 or 12 days, where I was without T.V (due to scaffolding outside my property blocking the SKY reception) & then to further compound things, my PC being out of action for the last 4 days of that period, I returned to the Web, to find the following:

1. My AV (AVAST) is blocking this site & I now have to temporarily turn it off to view it.

2. Virgin e-mail now requires me to complete a captcha thingy to login & it's one of those pain in the arse 'select the pictures containing bread', for example. I know Virgin are in the process of transferring to their own e-mail service, having either sacked-off Google, or the other way around. Anyone  have an update on this or know what the hell's going on?..because Google still seem to be interfering..it's a long story.

3. Firefox is blocking all flash player content. I've managed to find the reason for that & a way around it, but it's like WTF? Four days away from the internet & it's all gone mental.

If anyone is having similar experiences or can add anything of value, please do so. That's assuming I can get back to this site without being blocked.

- Edit -

Ponit 2 seems to have now been resolved.

• Paid Members

An update, if anyone is interesting, on my shared ownership struggles:

So, after a lot of looking, not being able to get a mortgage due to my credit (and my partner not earning enough on her own to be granted one), some consideration of moving to Cambridgeshire and commuting and finally almost resigning ourselves to spending £40,000 on rent in the next three years, we have found what we hope will be our home. It's a shared ownership, one bed flat with a garden in a new build on Lawrence Road, in Tottenham. It's £130,000 for 50% and they do accept cash buyers. We're going to look at it tomorrow but I don't forsee any issues (jinxed it now). We'll be halving the amount we pay on rent each month as well!

• Paid Members

That's not fifteen minutes' walk from where I live. Not bad going price-wise, considering the direction the area's going. Was helping a mate locate a property in the area, and the cheapest I could find was £210K for a studio above a bookies on the high street (Green Lanes).

Archived