Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

Dangerously420boi loves Brewdog. The prosecution rests M'Lud.

For the record, the accused also holds shares in the company.
Fucking hell

The fact is that Brewdog call themselves a punk brewery. They think they are Crass when they are in fact Good Charlotte.

That's a brilliant way of putting it.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Can anyone tell me the name of the long haired blonde girl who presented a video game show on either the last few months of Bravo, or on Challenge TV. It's within the last 5 years.

• Paid Members

Can anyone tell me the name of the long haired blonde girl who presented a video game show on either the last few months of Bravo, or on Challenge TV. It's within the last 5 years.

Julia Hardy?

Spot on, cheers!

• Paid Members

My comment wasn't about Brewdog as a company. If they're punk or not, if they're craft or not, if their marketing is tedious or not. It was about this statement:

Brewdog is shit anywhere and everywhere.
The beer is arse water.

Purely about their beer and the way it tastes.

They don't produce a good variety, they produce generic and bland beers and stick very good marketing and buzz words to them.

What does "generic and bland" mean to you? To me it means Fosters, Coors, Carling. Beer that both tastes bland in it's own right and beer that tastes like it's competition. Let's have a look at some of the beer that Brewdog make and judge if it's varied and bland:

Jack Hammer. A 7.2% American Hopped IPA: https://www.brewdog.com/beer/amplified/jack-hammer

This. Is. Lager. Somewhere between a traditional German and Czech pilsner: https://www.brewdog.com/beer/headliners/this-is-lager

Cocoa Physco. A 10% Imperial Stout with coffee beans and cocoa nibs: https://www.brewdog.com/beer/amplified/cocoa-psycho

AB14. An oak aged weizenbock: http://www.abstrakt.com/product/ab14

5AM Red Ale. A red ale with hops from the US and New Zealand: https://www.brewdog.com/beer/headliners/5am-red-ale

I could go on ...

I don't understand how anyone could claim their beer is unvaried and bland. Claim you don't like it, that makes sense. But to claim it's unvaried and bland is just wrong.

The "foreign beer styles" are laughable next to quality beers from Belgium, Germany and The Neatherlands.

I'm not disputing that foreign beer styles are brewed better in their home countries. I'm claiming that Brewdog beer is varied and interesting. That is isn't "all arse water".

The guest beers are, in my experience, all keg and often follow the same formula. They are better than brewdogs own but not much.

Despite being so forthright with your opinion, this comment shows you don't know Brewdog and their beer well. They made a conscious decision to sell only kegged beer in their pubs a number of years ago. That applies to both their own beer and guest beer. To suggest that keg beer is, as a rule, inferior to cask beer is also at best a gross simplification of a complex subject and at worst a view 10 years out of date.

Your analogy doesn't really work, because tesco sell a huge range of product mix, brewdog sell their beer and similar from similar producers. I find both unappealing and bland next to better quality on the wider market.

I disagree. I think the variety of beer styles sold in Brewdog bars is around the best you'll find in the country. The only thing you could criticise for being missing is cask dispense and traditional English 'bitter' based styles.

Honestly, if you think Brewdog has a wealth of variety and a good display of the beer style they market I really fucking pity you.

Which British breweries do you think do it better?

• Moderators

McGivern, Hafod, Sandstone and Salopian are four that do it better not even leaving my doorstep.

And let's be fair. This Is Lager is rank, and indeed arsewater.

Again, give me a good microbrewery anyday. Brewdog's the Interbrew of beer for me.

• Paid Members

What are the best add on's for Kodi? I got a Android box with it preinstalled, but most of the Add on's that came with/I found on Youtube are very hit and miss. Most won't even load.

"Genesis" has tons of films (new and old). "Navi-X" is another one, basically a search engine to other stuff.

ADDED: Download "Genesis". Instructions on how to install it here.

Get "Navi-X" here. Instructions to install it here.

• Paid Members

I'm not too keen on most of Brewdog's beers either but to say they don't have variety is a bold statement, especially if you're carrying that over to their guest beers. It's been a while since I've been in a Brewdog bar but I remember the one thing that did impress me was the huge selection they were offering,dozens and dozens of different types of beer, filtered and unfiltered, from every continent. You might not like the type of person that drinks there, their in-your-face marketing or even their own beers but there aren't many bars that offer as wide a range as them.

• Paid Members

Salopian (apart from their black bottle range) are mostly very generic. People claiming Brewdog don't have a good variety are indeed talking shit. I was in their Liverpool bar a few weeks ago & inc guests there was over 20 different beers on tap.

• Paid Members

Aye, definitely. Not sure about their other bars but their Glasgow place has loads of board games and kids games so unless your idea of a good night out is listening to a group of 20 obnoxious students pissing themselves laughing at Buckaroo, it's probably best avoided.

• Paid Members

What are the best add on's for Kodi? I got a Android box with it preinstalled, but most of the Add on's that came with/I found on Youtube are very hit and miss. Most won't even load.

"Genesis" has tons of films (new and old). "Navi-X" is another one, basically a search engine to other stuff.

ADDED: Download "Genesis". Instructions on how to install it here.

Get "Navi-X" here. Instructions to install it here.

Cheers, Baz, however I have Genesis and Navi X installed already. Genesis never seems to work and Navi is quite hit and miss too,.

EDIT - on the subject of Beers, I've fallen in love with Hopback's Summer Lightening. Absolutely glorious, but a real ballache to find in supermarkets round here. Stumbled across it on tap this weekend at local restaurant much to my happiness.

Archived