Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

Symptoms

- Bloating and severe stomach cramps

- Insane Acid Reflux

- Extreme diarrhea to the point where my bloods and kidney function are being monitored each week to make sure my body doesnt fail. Who needs that Prune Juice cleanse, lol

- Extreme Weightloss, lost 1 1/2 stone in 3 weeks, 

- Occasional vomiting and nausea

- Rash, blotch and itchyness when eating certain foods.

- Two of my teeth pretty much disintergrated because the enamel was fecked.

- I'm permanently shattered.

It's either Coeliac, Double Aids or Ebola, seeing as IBS, Diabetes, and Bowel Cancer have been tested and ruled out.

I'm praying for Double Aids. Nah, not really, just want some answers so can get back to work and training and stuff. 

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Symptoms

- Bloating and severe stomach cramps

- Insane Acid Reflux

- Extreme diarrhea to the point where my bloods and kidney function are being monitored each week to make sure my body doesnt fail. Who needs that Prune Juice cleanse, lol

- Extreme Weightloss, lost 1 1/2 stone in 3 weeks, 

- Occasional vomiting and nausea

- Rash, blotch and itchyness when eating certain foods.

- Two of my teeth pretty much disintergrated because the enamel was fecked.

- I'm permanently shattered.

It's either Coeliac, Double Aids or Ebola, seeing as IBS, Diabetes, and Bowel Cancer have been tested and ruled out.

I'm praying for Double Aids. Nah, not really, just want some answers so can get back to work and training and stuff. 

You got the Double Aids from Richie Freebird, right?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks,

I am very close to my girlfriend and have known her for sixteen years.

A couple of years before I met her she went through treatment for breast cancer.

Anyhow; she wasn't feeling well recently and when this worsened visited the hospital where, today, they have said the reuslt from the CT Scan was blood clots in her lung.

My question is do CT Scans show the difference between blood clots and something else.  I know this a s stupid question and the hospital where she is will have her case history and are very professional.  Not being 100% sure is killing me though.

Thanks in advance

So I was a bit drunk last night and decided to hide my sister's iPhone in the microwave. However, when I shut the door the microwave switched on and something sparked. Now the phone seems to be stuck in headphone mode.

1) Why am I such a fucking idiot?

2) Does anybody know how to get it out of headphone mode?

• Paid Members

Got myself a dilemma.

My daughter does a bit of work for a local company that arranges characters to appear at birthday parties (basically she dresses up as a princess and poses for pictures). They asked me if I could make some flyers for them, which I agreed to. True to the joke about how you can fix everything in Photoshop, they sent me a very small, low-res, very compressed version of their logo to work from.

Because I wanted to do a good job, I put a few days in learning to use Illustrator and rebuilt their logo and the accompanying graphics from scratch (and did a fucking good job of it, even if I say so myself). I did a couple of flyer designs for them, continually changing them as they changed their mind as to what they wanted on them, and agreed a price of £50 (which included any future tweaks that were required). Well below what the work was worth, but I was doing it more as a favour and to keep my daughter in good stead.

Just got an email saying thanks, but they're going with someone else who is cheaper. This has fucked me off quite a bit as a) they clearly have no intention of paying me, and b) I believe that the flyers I designed have already been printed and are in use.

I'm between a rock and a hard place here because I don't want to sit back and accept I've been fucked over, but at the same time I don't want to rock the boat and have them stop booking my daughter (although this incident shows that they could theoretically fuck her over too at some point).

Fucking livid at what's happened, and fucked off because I don't know what I should do about it.

• Paid Members

It's happened to me a couple of times ( the joys of freelance work). Politely reply back thanking them and ask who you should invoice for the work done to date. Make an invoice for just below the value you agreed and make sure on the invoice you have it as 'initial concept work' and make sure to have a line at the bottom that states ' all initial designs and concepts remain the intellectual property of.....' Don't just write it off if you've put the hours in.

• Awards Moderator

Computer related one, I'm hoping the answer is deceptively simple and I'm just too stupid to figure it out. I want to transfer my iPhoto library from my old Mac to a new Mac via an external hard drive. I've put the library on the hard drive the way the apple guidelines said I was meant to. But when I try to transfer it to iPhoto on the new Mac, I can't. I thought I'd done it because I was able to (after much waiting) look at all my photos on it, but when I unplugged the hard drive, none of them were there. I'm fine with them being on the hard drive but I want them on the new Mac as well. What have I done wrong?

Archived