Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoping some techies will be able to help me with this problem I'm having with my network connection.

Recently my laptop has been losing it's connection sporadically. It is connected to my router via ethernet so I'm not using wifi. Mobiles/tabs are connecting fine via wifi and my PS4 which is also connected direct to my router is also fine. When I troubleshoot the problem it comes up with "Local Area Connection" doesn't have a valid IP configuration. It shows it as fixed and I'm all connected again until it drops out again. This came be in 20 minutes time or the following day. I have changed the ethernet cable and restarted the laptop and router.

I have googled it but everyone who's having this issue are not connected at all even after troubleshooting, so it's more of a permantent issue for them.

Any ideas?

Going to Budapest in a big group next week. Anything worth noting ( bars and areas to avoid because of scamming cunts?)

Budapest is an awesome city. Never had any bother with scammers in my few visits but I guess it's probably the same as any other touristy city, just be aware. Bar-wise you'll be wanting to check out the city's Ruin Bars, basically if there's an unused space somewhere someone will put a bar in it. There's a decent list here, I've not been to all of them but Ellátó Kert, Mika Tivadar Mulató, Kőleves kert and Szimpla Kert are all on the same street and are all excellent, Corvintető was great too and there's also a great nightclub on a boat on the Danube called the A38 Club. Szimpla in particular is a must go, it looks like it's been furnished from a scrap yard so there's cars converted into a table and chairs,a sofa made out of an old bath, all sorts of crazy stuff. And it's got a Hookah bar.

12144713_1224070540943778_80310841536752

Budapest also has the best hangover cure's I've ever found in it's thermal baths (the start of Red Heat was filmed in one there), seriously, nothing gets rid of one like a couple of hours floating around in various temperatures of water. Warm pools, cold ones, plunge pools, saunas, steam rooms, it'll perk you right up. The Szechenyi Baths are the biggest and best but the others are quality too.

Also, make sure you don't leave without having tried a Langos, they're a fried flat bread covered in garlic, sour cream and cheese. You can almost feel  your arteries clog as you eat it but fuck me, they're amazing! 

3701_langos.jpg

Archived