Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone good at setting up home entertainment system's?

I purchased a new tv, sound bar and surround sound but can't get my SS to work with the tv. It only works when i use my phone to play music but it is out of time with my sound bar.

I took the optical lead out from my sound bar and into the blu-ray player but i still can't get it to work.

Anyone able to help?

I'm sure you're aware Tommy but you can get a free 30-day PS trial and CC only costs about £8 a month now. A lot of people suggest GIMP when this question comes up but I've never liked it. 

There's Sumo Paint, it's different and it's in-browser. Try that? http://www.sumopaint.com/home/#app

Edit: Didn't see Diarrhea's post. 

After some legal advice. I have contacted solicitors and I'm just waiting for replies, but thought I'd ask here as some may be clued up on this sort of thing or had similar experiences.

My son has been given a court summons for road traffic offences. He is 18 years old and earlier this year he was caught riding a moped without a licence or insurance. Without going into too much detail at this point, although he knows that what he did was wrong and took a chance in doing it he actually had the best intentions at heart when he decided to ride the moped. He fully intends to plead guilty and will be doing so by post ASAP. However, I am unsure as to whether he will need any legal representation during his hearing. 

The letter states 'It is unlikely that the court will make an order for you to be represented by a lawyer for these offences'. Does this mean that representation is not necessary but we can do if we so wish? If it isn't necessary, is it still in his best interest to? Will it affect any outcome if he does or doesn't get representation?

Any help or advice would be really appreciated.

• Paid Members

It wont make much difference hell be asked to plead pps will read events and Judge will ask him if he wants to say anything where he should apologise and offer any mitigating circumstances then Judge will rule, most people feel more comfortable with a solicitor to keep them right and so they dont have to speak etc but in this case theyd just describe mitigating factors and ask for credit for early plea etc, only worth it if they can get charges lessened or make an agreement with pps. It shouldnt really effect the outcome in this instance. Tldr down to yourselves really.

• Paid Members

Not sure how easy it is to get Legal Aid in England these days. I was getting letters constantly from random solicitors a few years ago from my ex wife, who has never worked, about my daughter (I refused to believe she had asthma - long story) but ive had nothing for the past three or four years.

Archived