Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

If Queen had gone with Keep Yourself Alive instead of fucking Bicycle Race there wouldn't be a conversation worth having though.

Damn straight. Is there a reason they didn't put that in, as it left the first album as the only one unaccounted for with a track on the Hits compilation.

• Paid Members

If Queen had gone with Keep Yourself Alive instead of fucking Bicycle Race there wouldn't be a conversation worth having though.

Damn straight. Is there a reason they didn't put that in, as it left the first album as the only one unaccounted for with a track on the Hits compilation.

It wasn't a hit. Released as a single, but didn't chart in the UK. Bicycle Race, as a double-A side with Fat Bottomed Girls, was a top 15 hit.

Greatest Hits 1 was actually released with different track listings in different territories, depending on what did well where. Japan got Keep Yourself Alive, I'm pretty sure. And Teo Torriate, which was a Japanese-only single for obvious reasons. Some places got Tie Your Mother Down, which charted in the UK, but not well.

Back then, "Greatest Hits" meant something, rather than just "this is all the singles we've released, hits or not".

That is a fucking monster tune.  

• Paid Members

Right, as I mentioned here, I want to put a website together to catalogue the masses of music I'm going to be completing next year. As I won't be making any money through it, I planned on using Wix.

The question is, is Wix the best option for a tight bastard to build a website with? What about Weebly? Or uk.webs.com? Yola? Moonfruit? names.co.uk? Or shall I fork out £1 for one through Go Daddy?

There's nothing overly fancy going to be on there, and chances are I'll just be embedding YouTube videos. I'm actually toying with recreating something in a Geocities style, so I can happily forgo the templates and just input it directly in HTML.

I tried PMing you this Nonce but I think your inbox is full.

Hi mate, I used to do some freelance designing on the side for small/local businesses. I knew there was a market for tradesmen/small shop owners who couldn't afford to spend a fortune on having sites built so I did them for a couple of hundred quid.. Obviously this meant that I had to build them in the most cost-effective manor.

I used webs.com mainly. It's not amazing by any means but I did all the imagery on Photoshop and if you lay it out well enough then you can make it look professional.

Wix is shite. Webs is the best I'd say, and Weebly now has some nice layouts... I'd go for either of those two. Either of them let you embed YouTube videos easily enough. Wouldn't bother with any of the others you mentioned.

Hope this helps!

How much does buying a house cost? Aside from the actual cost of the deposit/mortgage/interest, I mean. The part where you have to send surveyors round and whatnot, what does that stuff cost, or is that all on the seller's end?

If I'm buying a little house for £60k, then how much do we need to have on top of the £6k deposit and £500 or so that the bank charge to set up the mortgage?

• Paid Members

Legal fees etc will be around 1%, maybe a bit less, of the cost of the house. So £600 in your case I would have thought. You wont have any stamp duty to pay on a house at that value I believe.

In regards to the survey there are different types you can choose from, I think the cheapest option was about £200. Type of survey you want depends on what sort of house you're buying. If I was you I would at least go for the mid range option just in case, which was £430 for us.

Im only basing this on my experience, but hopefully that helps

Archived