Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

The version number of Mame needs to match the version number of the rom set (if these don't match you can often get a missing roms error), so say that someone downloaded the lastest version of Mame which is 0.156 then you'd need to find a rom from the corresponding set.

Also, did you know there is a Planet of Emus?

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I've just waited 15 days for a V-Tech Alphabet Push and Ride Train to be delivered for my nephew's Christmas from Yodel. Not on at all really.

Who do the deliveries for Amazon Logistics, do they use local individuals on a self-employed basis like Hermes etc do? I've contacted customer services and got another month added onto the trial, but it's a bit useless if the div who has the parcel can't find the flat or be arsed to deliver it.

Just random people delivering it. I groan when I learn I'm getting Logistics because it's a wait in all day job. Could deliver anytime between 8am and 9pm. Normally I seem to be getting my deliveries around 8:50pm.

The version number of Mame needs to match the version number of the rom set (if these don't match you can often get a missing roms error), so say that someone downloaded the lastest version of Mame which is 0.156 then you'd need to find a rom from the corresponding set.

Also, did you know there is a Planet of Emus?

I did not know that, very useful info thank you!

Depends whether it is the inverter or the backlight itself. Inverter wouldn't be too bad, a local repair shop can probably do it for about £30. If its the backlight itself, which is a bit more fragile, then you're probably looking about £80. Obviously it completely depends on where you end up taking it. If you take it to PC World or something, you'll get bummed good and proper, but an independent trader might be a bit more affordable

How does everyone book holidays on here?

I never know what the cheapest and most convenient way to do it is?

Would it be better to go straight to a Virgin travel and book everything through them, an Expedia or book everything individually?

I have been using American Express travel for all my stuff and fairly certain I'm being screwed to a ridiculous degree. As the whole selling point is their miles and points, yet I get the sense I'm nowhere near using it or traveling enough to accumulate anything.

So wondering if there is any difference at all, or whether it's got to the stage of them all using the same prices?

• Paid Members

I've found using Booking.com for hotels and then budget airline flights bought on their own ends up being a bit cheaper than using the likes of Expedia. I think it would depend, though, on what exactly you're looking for in a holiday. If you want an all-inclusive, everything sorted in one place deal, you can find food deals, especially "last minute."

• Paid Members

Eh, it's not the best. But it depends what you're after. I went to Greece this year for a week. I didn't have a lot of money, but wanted to get away. So I went all inclusive and generally just mooched about the hotel pool waiting for the various (not great) meals to be served. But it was still good for the price (something like £200 all in, booked about a month before hand).

• Paid Members

All inclusive is great. Never had any problems and food has always been to a good standard but the best part is just being able to hang round the pool and not have to carry money around etc. It's obviously much more expensive but you can make up for it by the meals you have and the number of drinks you have. I know it's not to everyones tastes but I think it's bloody brilliant and if I'm booking a holiday away (apart from city breaks), I'd always go all inclusive!

• Paid Members

What's the catch with all-inclusive? Icelolly are doing £90 for a week in Barcelona, not including luggage or transfers.

You'll get free meals and free drinks - selected alcoholic drinks only as you have to pay for any high end spirits usually but I've never ever had an issue with it or food. That's a good price for all-inclusive especially if you break it down per day so it'll be about £13 a day...for 3 meals and drinks, much cheaper than going out for meals, obviously just depends on the quality of food they offer but I always use Trip Advisor to read up just to make sure!

Archived