Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members

Has anyone ever worked in inbound calls. Is it soul destroying? Got an interview with Manpower/BT tomorrow. It's not a Monday-Friday gig but the chance of working any of the 7 days, which feels a bit shit. Anyone worked in this type of stuff before?

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Filled in all the online forms and they got back this afternoon which was quite fast. Says it's a temp position but full time, odd 9 month probation period. Yeah inbound, with BT Sport from the looksie of it, phone interview tommorow, hours are flexible just don't want to cone across as demanding with that or that I value it over a job.

I did inbound sales for EE for about 6 months. You'll speak to a lot of people trying to blag a better deal who are, to put it politely, quite rude in their approach. But as long as you have the patience to put up with that (which I didn't) then you'll be fine.

• Paid Members

Put the word out on social media about this and some people got back to us on it, who actually work for BT. They hate there lives, if your on the phone during your break you miss your break and no days off booked for the first 10 weeks. You might not end with the role you applied for either. Sounds like battery chickens.

Welcome to any call centre! Breaks, codes and things per hour will be all you hear about. The 10 weeks thing is a bit long, but most do that do you don't miss training and shadowing weeks. You'll know if it's for you after a few weeks. If it isn't, get out. If you can stand it, they are usually quite easy to progress within. Agent > Coach > Manager is what most do. I've always enjoyed the atmosphere in them, you all have a common enemy in "the targets" so everyone just digs in together.

• Paid Members

According to O2 I have used all of my 5GB data allowance on my phone. The 5GB monthly allowance only started on 2nd January. There is no way I have used 5GB in a week. Especially considering how vigilant I am about being connected to WiFi whenever possible.

I did a live chat with one of their "gurus" and all they kept reiterating was that I had used up my monthly allowance. That the MyO2 app would tell me my useage. Then on 2nd February I could check a breakdown of when my data was used.

Does anyone think it's worth phoning O2 to try and get this resolved as I'm adamant I've not used that much. Don't want to spend money and time chasing a lost cause.

Think I'll be leaving them once my contract is up in September. A heap o pish!

• Paid Members

I'm just amazed at the fact that they don't have any sort of information when it comes to this. They can't even tell me a date until my bill is generated on the 2nd. So I have to go the best part of a month without any data (not paying for extra) and not knowing if it is on my end or not. Maybe it's an app that is using data without my knowledge? Who knows!

• Paid Members

Doesn't your phone have a data usage viewer? I have a Moto G and in the settings i can see how much I've used in either Wifi or network.

It does in a way. However to get an accurate reading it would need to be reset at the start of each billing cycle. Something I must admit that I've been too naive to care about until now.

Archived