Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members

Anyone know a good website for uploading an image and having people buy it on various crap, mugs, keyrings, etc. You know, shite that no-one really wants! Looking for someone reputable but not so expensive that it's off putting.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anyone who has flown to australia from heathrow got any tips to cope with the longgggggggggg flights? never flown above 7 hours before and i dont know how im going to cope! i am unable to sleep on planes :(

Who are you flying with? I went with Emirates and spent the time watching films and listening to music via the on flight entertainment system.

• Paid Members

anyone who has flown to australia from heathrow got any tips to cope with the longgggggggggg flights? never flown above 7 hours before and i dont know how im going to cope! i am unable to sleep on planes :(

You're tiny aren't you? I'm 6'1 and flew to Australia. It's a long flight but checking in and waiting around at the airport is my worst part. Just listen to music and zone out, I had some terrifying severe turbulence on my flight so you might get lucky and get something exciting like that to pass the time.

Oh yeah, don't forget to walk around a bit in the flight, you don't want to get DVT if that's even still a thing.

The last few occasions I've flown i've found that they had a good selection of music, Last time I remember listening to some 70s Bowie and a Jay-Z album that was only a few months old at the time. So i'm sure you'll find something you like.

The selection of movies and TV shows was also very good.

What I always use on flights is my Nintendo DS. It's great not only on the flight itself but also when sitting around in the airports.

I hope you have a great time Ralphy, I've always wanted to go to Australia (I have family over there) but the flight length is offputting to me. Due to being tall I don't really enjoy flying and I find the flight time to America is pretty much my limit, and like you I also cannot sleep on a plane or any other form of transport.

• Awards Moderator

Anyone know a good website for uploading an image and having people buy it on various crap, mugs, keyrings, etc. You know, shite that no-one really wants! Looking for someone reputable but not so expensive that it's off putting.

I know a few peeps who use Red Bubble.

• Paid Members
Oh yeah, don't forget to walk around a bit in the flight, you don't want to get DVT if that's even still a thing.

It is very much a thing - it can be fatal. I once made the mistake of not getting up to walk around at all on a 12-hour flight back from Mauritius, and got a mild case of it which pretty much wrecked me for the next couple of days. The doctor treating me said I was lucky; there was a genuine possibility I could have died.

So yeah - make sure you walk around, get some blood flowing to the legs.

Game-related question...

In 1991, my brother-in-law bought a Megadrive from Blockbuster. One of his first games for it was either Castle of Illusion or Quackshot, and menus/text were in Japanese. He assumed this meant his Megadrive was Japanese, and took it back to Blockbuster, who exchanged it. Playing the game on the replacement, the text was in English. But surely Blockbuster weren't selling Japanese Megadrives? What is the likely scenario of why this happened?

Archived