Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do people make of Amazon Prime? I'm not impressed so far. Two orders, one that was meant to be delivered by 1pm on a Saturday... And I got an email at 4pm that day saying it would be delayed by two business days. It did turn up on the Sunday, mind. That was at my sister's house. Then another order today at home, I've just had an email saying the delivery attempt failed. No knock, no buzzer, nothing. Who do the deliveries for Amazon Logistics, do they use local individuals on a self-employed basis like Hermes etc do? I've contacted customer services and got another month added onto the trial, but it's a bit useless if the div who has the parcel can't find the flat or be arsed to deliver it.

Over the past few weeks I have bonded with Roger the driver for DPD who has bee delivering packages from Amazon to me. He seems quite cheerful considering how busy the poor bastard must be.

I am glad I've not had anything delivered by Yodel who are a shower of shit. When I upgraded my phone a couple of years ago it was delivered by them and they gave to the wrong number in the wrong street.

• Paid Members

Yeah Yodel are shit. Slower than a Jeremy Kyle guest and the tracking system was all to cock whenever I've dealt with them. Waiting for my niece's Christmas present (ordered it over a week ago now) and it's been saying it's 'with the courier' for three days. What's he doing with it? I know it's Christmas but they've been total crap year-round in my experience.

A couple of years ago, I was working in the same building as Yodel call centres and everyone who worked there just said the company was absolute shit and they were just fielding irate customers all day every day. I think the only dealing I ever had with Yodel was having to return something to Amazon via them, and I didn't have any problems. So chances are that at the moment, drivers have got loads to deliver and they're just going for the "not in lolz" option on places they can't be arsed going to?

• Paid Members

Yodel delivered someone else's parcel to my house once. They hid it in the wheelybin because I was out, and by hid, I mean slam dunked as the contents were smashed.

I rang Yodel and told them that they'd delivered it to the wrong address, thinking they'd come and pick it up, and they responded with "Not my problem".

• Paid Members

A little while back, a 'sorry we missed you' card came through our letterbox from Yodel. As my two housemates and I had been ordering Christmas presents off Amazon, we were a bit irritated and slightly besumed that this missed delivery card had no recipient name, no address and no time of the delivery. It did tell us however that they left the parcel with our neighbour at no. 38.

Our house number is 351.

• Paid Members

Hi,

I'm trying to pick up the raspberry pi project I started ages ago. I've got further, loading retro pi and getting it working, however....

It keeps bringing up an issue with running some files, and these are hypercritical examples obviously and are not indicative of actual files due to the obvious legal surroundings.

But running, say WWF Wrestlefest on Mame brings up an issue with resolution through HDMI it seems, and some files may, for example, declare .rom files are missing.

Can any one help solve these, as I no next to nothing on actual coding, and some files such as as Pacman work fine and I'm running out of things to try.

Archived