Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

Does anybody here suffer with seriously bad anxiety attacks and have any advice on how to combat them? I've had them for a few years now but the last few days they've started to cause my arm to twitch rather violently and always need to move (which when working behind a bar has left me unable to work as I keep spilling/dropping things) and yesterday left me unable to talk without having a massive stutter and ticking when I tried to speak.

I've been put on valium for the weekend to try and 'calm me' but its had no effect this evening and now I'm quite miserable, wide awake after being wiped out all day from the medication and unable to talk to any of my flat s its like 3am and it takes me ages to even be able to mouth hello.

Has anyone done anything with breathing techniques or the likes that can help me as I don't think I can put up with a whole Sunday like this too before I go back to the Doctors Monday morning.

Get onto Sertraline - it's really good for anxiety.  And go get some therapy, that really helps also.

As for today, just try and distract yourself with things.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Thanks for all the responses guys, since waking up the stutter is still there but the breathing techniques and ideas are definitely helping calm the twitch. 

I am booked in for counselling soon, they seem to think the cause of a lot of my anxiety is that I still haven't come to terms with the whole Aspergers and how it affects me differently thing.

As for the Sertraline suggestion, was on it back in March and amongst other things I ended up going way off the deep end while on it and I don't think we want that going again soon. Though for a brief while it did work perfectly.

• Moderators

HELP DESPERATELY NEEDED

So I've got a picture in photoshop that I need to turn into an html email - it is an invitation. My understanding is that I should be slicing it up (easy enough to do) and then putting it into a html table for the email (this is the bit I'm not sure how to do).

I don't totally know why I'm slicing it up in to lots of bits tbh just that I'm supposed to because it's quicker..? - but my main motivation is that I want to be able to type text into one of the boxes on top of the image that's in it (i.e. where the name of the person invited is, so I don't have to make a different picture for each person).

Can anyone help me navigate this situation?

Bonus points for where I should be hosting the images and an ftp uploader I should use.

Do I just need to download a cracked version of Dreamweaver or something?

Please help!

Thank you!

• Awards Moderator

All the above is possible, but as you have type the text anyway, why don't you make a separate image for everyone? Unless it's like 300mb or something.

As a host, imgur will do it. No FTP required, done in-browser.

As a rough guide table HTML looks like this:

<table>

<tr> <!-- New row //-->

<td> <!-- New cell in that row //-->

...with appropriate closing tags.

EDIT: hey, this HTML table generator is pretty cool.

• Moderators

It's not crazy huge.. I just thought it would be easier because of the volumes - I figured then I've got the template and for each one I'm just typing the same names into two boxes (the To: field on the email and the the bit on the invite), instead of saving 150 different versions of that slice.

that table creator looks exactly what I was after. Thanks for that! Will give it a go and see how it goes with sticking the pictures into it.

• Paid Members

The idea with using slices in Photoshop is that you can export it with HTML when you save for web and devices:

ij4sIrF.png

This has certain benefits because you can add all the alt texts, links and stuff within the slice options when using the slice select tool:

4e9pOjq.png

I've never really tried it though, to be honest. I just slice everything up and do the HTML separately as I'm still stuck in the 90's web designer mode of not trusting anything that generates its own code because I've had entire projects dumped on me that were made in FrontPage. And more recently, and more relevant to this conversation, DotMailer.

Creating emails is one of my main jobs at work so PM me if I can help at all.

Anyone ever had any issues with condensation? Seem to have loads in the flat and worried about it becoming a serious issue. Anyone got any handy tips or tricks that worked for them?

Yes, I am this dull.

I have the same problems too, the only way to combat it is to keep the room warm and well ventilated. Which is a pain, as obviously opening a window is going to make it cold. You just have to get the balance right.

You can get dehumidifier things too from places like poundland, they're little plastic pots with some kind of magic stuff which absorbs moisture in the air.

Archived