Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

My mum & dad once came to visit when i was at university, and brought me 3 2-litre bottles of "Iron Blue", the cheapo knockoff of Irn Bru. It was blue. I drank all 6 litres in 36 hours and my shit turned green.

My mum & dad once came to visit when i was at university, and brought me 3 2-litre bottles of "Iron Blue", the cheapo knockoff of Irn Bru. It was blue. I drank all 6 litres in 36 hours and my shit turned green.

Happens to my friend when he drinks blueberry St Helier, must be the dye they use to make it bright blue.

I imagine it's like that episode of Keenan & Kel where Kel's insides are dyed orange due to his orange soda addiction.

A woman at work chugs this stuff all day, justifying it due to the calories. What exactly is in these drinks? I imagine it must be horrible?

It's a choice between diabetes and cancer when it comes to full fat/diet drinks. So she's chosen the latter.

• Awards Moderator

I've been having loads of trouble with my BT emails this week. First they wouldn't send, then I couldn't connect to them - on mobile or desktop - then they worked fine, then I couldn't receive emails, and now I can't connect to them again. Anyone either know what's going on or is having similar problems so I know it's not just me?

What's a good price for a solicitor's letter these days? I've been quoted anything from £150-500. I only need to say three things in the letter. Arrange for the collection of something, refute something and confirm something else.

Any help much appreciated cheers

Fancy headed paper and a thesaurus? £500 sounds ridiculous though. Try one of those online solicitors they might do that sort of thing.

Will have a goosey, cheers. £500 quid is totally ridiculous for a letter that isnt going to be more than 2 sides of A4 at it's maximum.

You're not paying for the length of the letter, you're paying for their time in researching the law on your situation and then writing the letter.

If it takes them a couple of hours, a few hundred quid sounds right.

You're not paying for the length of the letter, you're paying for their time in researching the law on your situation and then writing the letter.

If it takes them a couple of hours, a few hundred quid sounds right.

Cheers dude! That makes more sense. It is complicated so that could explain as to why been quoted so much. This is even though a letter would be relatively brief. I've never been in this situation before so it's all new to me and I'm learning as I go along.

Archived