Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your sister is gorgeous though, Butch, if it's the one I'm thinking of. As is Renee Zellweger, a woman who may (yeah, I know) have had surgery to conform with the pressure that the media and the industry puts on looks, then gets lambasted by the media for bowing to the pressure that they put on women to look.

I love the before and after pics that a lot of media outlets are showing, the before pics are from about 15 years ago. Everyone except me has aged in that time.

• Paid Members

Some more moving in questions!

We moved in. Then we got a water bill from Thames Water charging £125 for water for six months. Now, I reckon that's a good deal. But can they later on demand more if we use more water or what? How does that work?

Secondly, council tax. My partner is a full-time student, part-time worker. If I'm reading things right, we should be eligible for a 25% discount on council tax ("single occupancy discount") Is that right? Anyone have any experience with that?

Some more moving in questions!

We moved in. Then we got a water bill from Thames Water charging £125 for water for six months. Now, I reckon that's a good deal. But can they later on demand more if we use more water or what? How does that work?

Secondly, council tax. My partner is a full-time student, part-time worker. If I'm reading things right, we should be eligible for a 25% discount on council tax ("single occupancy discount") Is that right? Anyone have any experience with that?

The council will most likely ask you for a student certificate so you can get the student disregard. Which is basically a letter saying you're on x course for these dates and confirming it's full time, if you ask at the institution she's at they should provide one with no hassle. Then you can just pop it into the council, or email it in if they're all futuristic like ours.

• Paid Members

Thanks Refused.

Anyone know how long it takes for BT to activate your broadband on your activation date? Or is it just random. I read somewhere there will be an actual person doing something in the exchange in order to activate me. I was hoping it'd be up and running when I woke up today. 3G coverage here is total shit for some reason.

Archived